Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

rmax
Topic Author

Mail Client

June 29th, 2016, 9:44 am

As you all well know from reading the Lotus Notes Hall of Shame I hate Lotus Notes with a passion. However Outlook is not great either. Are there any really good mail clients out there? If there are, then please let me know. If not - then why not?

Hansi

Mail Client

June 29th, 2016, 10:21 am

Honestly I tried a dozen last year and finally just stuck to Outlook as it's the only one that support multiple accounts in a decent way but even then it's flakey.(e.g. https://tinkertry.com/outlook2013inboxall)I have my domain on Google Apps and use the gmail interface for Windows and Mail.app on Mac.List of alternatives:http://alternativeto.net/software/micro ... indowsSome that were okay:- Thunderbird (most likely the best choice but UI just doesn't sit well with me)- Win 10 Mail (simple UI but maybe too simple)- Mailbird (simple UI but a lot of useless integration stuff)- Postbox (liked this but it had some annoying flaw that I can't remember what was right now)

rmax
Topic Author

Re: Mail Client

November 30th, 2016, 6:01 pm

Went with Thunderbird in the end. The GUI is a bit weird, but better than the alternatives. Thanks Hansi!

rmax
Topic Author

February 12th, 2018, 10:48 am

Collector

March 3rd, 2018, 9:22 pm

only Mac mail seems to work well for me. I also use Outlook on a work pc computer, and yes Outlook is awful compared to Mac mail. And I am not biased yet I think, as I only used Mac as my main computer since the late 1980's.

the spectrum 48k mail was bad, it is a tape recorder, where one tape record and post the tape in the snail-mail. Heard about bånd salat?