Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

QCquant
Topic Author

Mathematical Finance of the next generation of quants?

September 8th, 2014, 1:08 pm

From simple to complex, the book presents familiar financial concepts like stocks, market index (Dow Jones Industrial Average), algorithmic trading, to name just a few, in a manner that have never been experienced before. The reader is taken to a journey throughout a financial mathematics world that it seems detached from the 22nd century science.Geometry and Topology of the Stock Market for the Quantum Computer generation of quants
Last edited by QCquant on September 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eh

September 8th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Let me guess, you wrote this.

QCquant
Topic Author

September 8th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Gee ...you're a genius !

Cuchulainn

September 8th, 2014, 3:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QCquantGee ...you're a genius !QuoteFrom simple to complex, the book presents familiar financial concepts like stocks, market index (Dow Jones Industrial Average), algorithmic trading, to name just a few, in a manner that have never been experienced before. The reader is taken to a journey throughout a financial mathematics world that it seems detached from the 22nd century science. Can you explain how "Topology" is used? Hausdorff spaces? IMO it will be another 80 years before QC will be used.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QCquant
Topic Author

September 8th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Goldman Sachs already has the quantum computer, my friend. You will be surprised how fast it will change the financial markets.

Cuchulainn

September 8th, 2014, 5:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QCquantGoldman Sachs already has the quantum computer, my friend. You will be surprised how fast it will change the financial markets.Wow! Which compiler are they using? BTW, what's "Topology"?
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 7th, 2014, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QCquant
Topic Author

September 8th, 2014, 5:58 pm

The topology is simpler and more beautiful than Hausdorff spaces. It uses concepts from braid and knot theory.

Cuchulainn

September 8th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Are you sure QC is shipping? Is there a compiler?QuoteIt uses concepts from braid and knot theory Like knotty DNA?

tags

September 8th, 2014, 6:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QCquantFrom simple to complex, the book presents familiar financial concepts like stocks, market index (Dow Jones Industrial Average), algorithmic trading, to name just a few, in a manner that have never been experienced before. The reader is taken to a journey throughout a financial mathematics world that it seems detached from the 22nd century science.Geometry and Topology of the Stock Market for the Quantum Computer generation of quantsdoes that make big money?

QCquant
Topic Author

September 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm

It may... especially for you !

QCquant
Topic Author

September 8th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Read it ...and decide for yourself

trackstar

September 8th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Funny, I was just going to post in support of that very thought. One thing I tend to do when encountering an unknown quantity is to wander around a little bit and see what else I can find in the vicinity.My search yielded this: Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its ApplicationsSo inquiring minds might like to check that out and connect the dots.I would invite you to post the book in the OT as well.It can be a bit rough and unpredictable, but interesting people may lurk there from time to time.Your book is reasonably priced and quite unique. I will read it later this fall (multiple onerous deadlines here at the moment).Congratulations on the publication.TS

Cuchulainn

September 8th, 2014, 6:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QCquantRead it ...and decide for yourselfDo you have a TOC?

tags

September 8th, 2014, 6:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: QCquantRead it ...and decide for yourselfQuoteGeometry and Topology of the Stock Market (...)Are G and T described in your book so specific to stock market? What about say commodities?

QCquant
Topic Author

September 9th, 2014, 3:57 am

Cuchulainn, follow the link. It will take you to Amazon where you will find the TOC if you click on" Look inside".Tagoma, I used stocks prices but the techinque applies to multivariate time series of any kind.