Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

quantobe
Topic Author

HAUG option pricing formulas Excel VBA code password

July 16th, 2015, 7:25 am

Hi,I have HAUG book and its CD but some modules in its VBA code (like Solver module) prompts for password when I try to open them and I don't see anywhere in the book what the password supposed to be.Anyone knows how I should get it please?regards,

Hansi

July 17th, 2015, 10:55 am

I'd have thought it was in the book but don't have my copy anymore. You can just reset the password though: http://stackoverflow.com/a/4107352/745908
Last edited by Hansi on July 16th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

July 17th, 2015, 1:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: quantobeHi,I have HAUG book and its CD but some modules in its VBA code (like Solver module) prompts for password when I try to open them and I don't see anywhere in the book what the password supposed to be.Anyone knows how I should get it please?regards,There should be no passwords to the VBA code or the spreadsheets that comes with my book. This sounds strange, but then strange things happens every now and then. Not much I can help you here. May be something to do with the excel version?There is one mac version of excel that do not support VBA, could this be problem? "like Solver module"Not sure what you mean with solver module, I have not used the solver for anything in the spreadsheets as I can remember. Are you sure it is not some other sheets you have up at the same time that require password?
Last edited by Collector on July 16th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.