outrun

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

May 22nd, 2017, 9:14 am

(#SmallHands, #FakeNews)

frolloos

May 22nd, 2017, 10:50 am

Trump in Saudi:

It's the usual cynical divide and rule policy: encourage the conflict between Shi'ites and Sunnis so that Islam will never be united under one banner, support Israel but sell weapons to Saudi: that keeps the arms race alive meaning more business for US, etc. Quite predictable of course.
if the sunnis and shias want to fight each other (as they have been doing since the battle of the camel in 656AD), that's their business and I don't have a dog in that fight. Stay out of it and let allah sort it out. Better that they fight each other than us.
Saudi Arabia is the worst country on the planet, bar none, but Iran isn't far behind
Hereditary bondsmen! Know ye not
Who would be free themselves must strike the blow?
Fully agree with you regarding Saudi arabia actually, except that I think no civilized nation should do business in Saudi. Let them sort it out as you say, but then we should stay out.

I dont think Iran is such a threat anymore. I do believe they are opening up slowly but surely. In general the Iranians/Persians are a cultured and liberally minded people.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 22nd, 2017, 2:05 pm

Trump in Saudi:

It's the usual cynical divide and rule policy: encourage the conflict between Shi'ites and Sunnis so that Islam will never be united under one banner, support Israel but sell weapons to Saudi: that keeps the arms race alive meaning more business for US, etc. Quite predictable of course.
if the sunnis and shias want to fight each other (as they have been doing since the battle of the camel in 656AD), that's their business and I don't have a dog in that fight. Stay out of it and let allah sort it out. Better that they fight each other than us.
Saudi Arabia is the worst country on the planet, bar none, but Iran isn't far behind
Fully agree with you regarding Saudi arabia actually, except that I think no civilized nation should do business in Saudi. Let them sort it out as you say, but then we should stay out.

I dont think Iran is such a threat anymore. I do believe they are opening up slowly but surely. In general the Iranians/Persians are a cultured and liberally minded people.
The old maxim:
divide ut regnes
So, I didn't know Trump read Caeser..
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

ppauper

May 22nd, 2017, 3:09 pm

The old maxim:
divide ut regnes
a republic not an empire. I have no interest in ruling and/or conquering the mid-east

Traden4Alpha

May 22nd, 2017, 4:19 pm

The old maxim:
divide ut regnes
a republic not an empire. I have no interest in ruling and/or conquering the mid-east
Ah, but what should you do if some factions (but not other) in the mid-east want to conquer and rule you because of political or economic conditions inside mid-east?

Unlike Las Vegas, what happens in Syria does not stay in Syria.

ppauper

May 22nd, 2017, 4:56 pm

The old maxim:
divide ut regnes
Ah, but what should you do if some factions (but not other) in the mid-east want to conquer and rule you because of political or economic conditions inside mid-east?

Unlike Las Vegas, what happens in Syria does not stay in Syria.
you need to do what trump said: build a wall and stop muslims getting into the us. 
People used to say, "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here."
I don't think we need to fight them in either place.

AnalyticalVega

May 22nd, 2017, 7:05 pm

Nuff Said!

outrun

May 22nd, 2017, 7:35 pm

that's going to meme so good

ppauper

May 23rd, 2017, 6:37 am

ppauper

May 23rd, 2017, 8:55 am

When John Ehrlichman, the President's counsel and assistant, asked Nixon why he kept Agnew on the ticket in the 1972 election, Nixon is said to have described Agnew as his "best insurance against assassination" given that "No assassin in his right mind would kill me. They know if they did that they would wind up with Agnew!"
It's becoming increasing apparent that the never-trumps and rinos would relish a pence presidency. I've never been fully sold on pence as vice president, and for the same reasons Nixon chose spiro, I'd like sarah palin in there. Plus trump is going to need a successor in 2024, and who better than governor palin. Attorney-General Sessions would be another good choice. Both are qualified. And given that mccain picked palin as his own running mate in 2008, I don't see how he could object to her now.

If the stories were true that pence threatened to resign unless general flynn was pushed out, it's a shame that trump didn't take pence up on the offer. Given the two options (flynn and no pence or pence and no flynn), I prefer flynn and no pence.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 23rd, 2017, 1:32 pm

Nuff Said!
Donald likes his walls, so he does.
"Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people's mistakes."
David Wheeler

http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

outrun

May 23rd, 2017, 2:08 pm

He's going to grab it from healtcare for the poor, foodstamps for the poor, and working farmers

ppauper

May 23rd, 2017, 3:19 pm

He's going to grab it from healtcare for the poor, foodstamps for the poor, and working farmers
medicaid/obamcare/foodstamp savings add up to $1,053B, just less than 30% of the total.