SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: Spewers of bullshit

July 9th, 2018, 11:51 am

ImageWajda's Kanał - in Poland of 1944, when faith and hope were long dead, love made dying easier (according to the director).

Cuchulainn

July 9th, 2018, 12:46 pm

Cuchulainn

July 9th, 2018, 9:00 pm

+1

ppauper

January 1st, 2019, 8:21 am

Run out and find me a four-year-old child...
you're as bad as Jimmy Savile
You once said I was worse than Mr. Hitler. 
how you compare to the president?

bearish

January 1st, 2019, 2:03 pm

Assuming that Breitbart got at least the headline right (big stretch), Chomsky’s view seems pretty reasonable.

Cuchulainn

January 1st, 2019, 8:07 pm

He's in  a league of his own. At least, Hitler wanted his Reich to last a 1000 years.

We should recall that Trump himself, as I mentioned, is a firm believer in global warming. Recently, he applied to the government of Ireland for permission to build a huge wall, one of his famous walls, this one to protect a golf course of his in Ireland, which, as his plea indicates, is threatened by sea level rise as a result of global warming.

Cuchulainn

January 1st, 2019, 8:08 pm

He's in  a league of how. At least, Hitler wanted his Reich to last a 1000 years.

We should recall that Trump himself, as I mentioned, is a firm believer in global warming. Recently, he applied to the government of Ireland for permission to build a huge wall, one of his famous walls, this one to protect a golf course of his in Ireland, which, as his plea indicates, is threatened by sea level rise as a result of global warming.

ISayMoo

January 1st, 2019, 8:11 pm

Maybe the billionaries hope that the global warming will decimate the human population and leave them with an empty Earth they will be able to enjoy for themselves?

bearish

January 1st, 2019, 8:18 pm

Only some of the billionaires. Mike Bloomberg, for one, is spending significant amounts of time and money to help the fight against global warming.

katastrofa

January 1st, 2019, 8:56 pm

I would be careful not to confuse philanthropy with lobbying.

bearish

January 1st, 2019, 9:08 pm

I’m not sure it makes much of a difference what you call it. While he has significant philanthropic efforts underway, I think he would classify his climate change work as political activism.

ppauper

January 1st, 2019, 9:25 pm

still, Bloomberg isn't prepared to stop using his private jet (and private helicopter)
He owns a trijet Dassault Falcon 900B, which is registered in Bermuda of all places.  
No doubt he uses it to fly to global warming conferences

bearish

January 1st, 2019, 10:36 pm

Wait! Since you have a religious belief in global warming being a hoax, why do you care in the slightest how he gets around?

ppauper

January 2nd, 2019, 7:01 am

Assuming that Breitbart got at least the headline right (big stretch), Chomsky’s view seems pretty reasonable.
Alan Dershowitz: Well, it’s remarkable how little history people know and how little they are willing to learn about something as tragic as that. And the result is these false analogies all over the place. Everybody is compared to Hitler. Everybody is compared to the Holocaust… Anybody who compares Trump or anybody else to Hitler essentially is a Holocaust denier.

rmax

January 2nd, 2019, 12:24 pm

Alan Dershowitz: Well, it’s remarkable how little history people know and how little they are willing to learn about something as tragic as that. And the result is these false analogies all over the place. Everybody is compared to Hitler. Everybody is compared to the Holocaust… Anybody who compares Trump or anybody else to Hitler essentially is a Holocaust denier.
Nice and I like his point. However what do you compare someone to when you are concerned that they might end up doing the same things? Compare him to Stalin? Or do you then end up being a Holomodor denier? 

Unfortunately the Jewish people are not the only peoples that have been discriminated against. And we must always be on the lookout for the next Hitler, the next Stalin, the next Pol Pot, the next Mugabe, the next Idi Amin, the next Lenin, the next... need I do on? 

Perhaps it is a small price to pay to prevent future atrocities, as long as the comparison does not make light of what Hitler actually DID compared to what another despot MIGHT do.

Happy New Year.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On