SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

samudra
Topic Author

Maradona/Beckham

April 20th, 2004, 4:46 pm

I feel really sad that probably the greatest footballer of our time is fighting for his life. Our UK friends here would not be really happy with the hand of God goal. But come to think of it you have to agree it was done with great finesse and anycase in thatmatch Argentina played better than UK.Maradona is definitely the greatest player I have seen in action and has been my soccer hero alllife(although in style I liked Zico and Michael Platini in certain aspect). I feel really sad that at 43 he has ruined himself with drug overdose. what a terrible waste.Beckham is another great player who has a panche for getting into unnecessary trouble. How much truth is there in all these allegations from bimbettes poping up every day ....... I miss soccer here in USA. USA plays games which very few else in the world plays and USA ignoresand almost sneers at what the rest of the world plays. I dont know whether this is just arrogance orcoincidence.

patch22

Maradona/Beckham

April 20th, 2004, 4:54 pm

QuoteI dont know whether this is just arrogance or coincidence.ignorance?!having taken the opportunity to watch a baseball game when over there i can only suggest that the rest of the world is probably sneering back!

Spod

Maradona/Beckham

April 20th, 2004, 6:58 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: samudraI feel really sad that probably the greatest footballer of our time is fighting for his life. Our UK friends here would not be really happy with the hand of God goal. But come to think of it you have to agree it was done with great finesse and anycase in thatmatch Argentina played better than UK.Maradona is definitely the greatest player I have seen in action and has been my soccer hero alllife(although in style I liked Zico and Michael Platini in certain aspect). I feel really sad that at 43 he has ruined himself with drug overdose. what a terrible waste.Beckham is another great player who has a panche for getting into unnecessary trouble. How much truth is there in all these allegations from bimbettes poping up every day ....... I miss soccer here in USA. USA plays games which very few else in the world plays and USA ignoresand almost sneers at what the rest of the world plays. I dont know whether this is just arrogance orcoincidence.Doing the email rounds recently.... (You may need to hit refresh to see properly...)
Last edited by Spod on April 19th, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarion

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 9:37 am

"Maradona is definitely the greatest player I have seen in action and has been my soccer hero alllife(although in style I liked Zico and Michael Platini in certain aspect)."No sympathies here whatsoever for the fat cokeboy.. he selfdestructed and is a fucking cheat + an Argy cunt..Btw, i'd argue that Zidane is the best player that has ever graced the pitch..

SPAAGG

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 9:47 am

Maradona is the best !

DiceMan

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 10:07 am

Platini once said: "what zidane does with a football, maradona used to do it with an orange".But then maybe platini is a bit jealous of zidane's fame back home

nsande

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 10:12 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DiceManPlatini once said: "what zidane does with a football, maradona used to do it with an orange".But then maybe platini is a bit jealous of zidane's fame back home What Maradona did with a football should really be done with a volleyball.Regards,Niclas

BobM

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 10:43 am

No competetion - the equally self destructive but still living - George Best is the greatest footballer ever. If he had of played for anyone but NI (and had not been in virtual retirement by 25) he would be recognised as this.....How can you even mention Sarong-boy in the same thread as maradona, zidane, platini, best, etc....

player

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 11:10 am

QuoteHow can you even mention Sarong-boy in the same thread as maradona, zidane, platini, best, etcVery true

LongTheta

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 11:27 am

I don't know much about Zidane, but he strikes me as a respectable human being.

player

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 11:40 am

Zidane is a genius when it comes to football, streets ahead of most the current generation of footballers. As for being a respectable footballer, the fact he has stayed away from off the pitch shannigans compared to some of his colleagues say a lot about the man.

samudra
Topic Author

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 12:01 pm

you must be kidding me if you compare the class of Zidane with Maradona. Zidane is good, Maradona is great.If you think about cheating it always happens. I have been told Britain won its world cup with help of refreeswho totally overlooked the fouls that Britain resorted to throughout the worldcup. I dont know how much truth is there to these allegations. Even without the hand of God goal Britain would have lost pants down. Why are youalways whining my British friends accept the facts. Maradona's personal life may be full ofblemishes but he used to be a dream footballer.

Nonius

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 12:03 pm

Samudra, are you into Kung Fu fighting?

samudra
Topic Author

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 12:10 pm

it all depends upon the opponent. With the weaklings I go for it with gusto but if my adversary is strong I go for diplomaticreconciliation.I try to follow art of war.

player

Maradona/Beckham

April 22nd, 2004, 12:12 pm

I meant out of the current crop of players curently playing football. Whether he is better than Maradona/Pele/cruff... we'll never know......All I would say is that he has won every medal avialable, palyed in three great sides and even when playing with famous and technically gifted palyers he has still risen above them all and has done it in some of hte biggest games gonig and has not gone hiding at the crucial stage when many other would be challengers to his crown have. In Maradona's favour he took an ordinary Argentina side in 86 to win the final which was a huge achievement
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On