SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Tripitaka

France !!!! droit au but !!!

June 22nd, 2004, 3:29 pm

i'm feeling pretty confident, sweden in the semi's and then england can def. take france, as long as they play like they did last night i don't really mind - it was a pleasure to see england playiong with abandon for a change instead of the usual paralysed nonsense
Last edited by Tripitaka on June 21st, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPAAGG
Topic Author

June 23rd, 2004, 5:43 am

England 2-1

player

June 23rd, 2004, 6:57 am

italy out.....was it a fix???My dark horses with czech have got to be denmark

wrighty

June 23rd, 2004, 10:46 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tabrisOriginally posted by: wrightyBiased aren't we? Lets go over this again, why do you think the teams looked fairly balanced? Possession time talks good numbers but whats more important is number of shot attempts and shots on target and an often overlooked statistic that favored heavily towards France was corners. These are IMO a good stat to measure "the aggressiveness" of a team. If that means I am watching the wrong game then so be it. It is interesting to me at least that your attribution to France's victory was England's "fault". Don't be surprise, try giving France some credit.Biased - yes.Thought the teams looked fairly balanced as no team out performed. france attacked more because england sat back.I think France can and have been a very good team, this is why I am suprised you say France are back. In my opinion they played well below there potential. I hope they play like that again if we were to meat them....

wrighty

June 23rd, 2004, 10:47 am

one other point...if england face sweden again, my money is on sweden....

player

June 23rd, 2004, 11:55 am

if it happens it will go into penalties........chances are we'll lose esp if beckham, owen and gerrard are taking them....

player

June 23rd, 2004, 11:58 am

to be honest i've stopped caring about euro ever since the three stoges turned up and started eying up Gerrard

Mela

June 24th, 2004, 9:33 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: DavidQuoteOriginally posted by: MelaI am doubly sad... Portugal lost on Saturday and England lost yesterday... It was a depressing weekend.Now that England are playing Portugal on Thursday, which is your pick?Quite a dilemma... But my official response (mostly to my co-workers and friends) is that I'll be happy either way and sad in both instances.(I'm actually rooting for England, but I can't say that out loud! )

player

June 25th, 2004, 7:41 am

We can blame the referree as much as we want but facts reamin we played poorly...at times it was like watching liverpool last season....and considering the amount of critism we got from playing like that under houllier I'm amazed at the press this morning saying how great England played....Negative from the word go and Beckham was just rubbish....fair play to porttugal,..they huffed and they puffed and eventually the house came down....V impressed with ronaldo..... no longer just a fancy dan....starting to put teh work ethic...althuogh still has long way to go before can be called world class.........as for where it went wrong....blame ferdinand for be too interested in shopping....beckham with dalyance with loos.......erickson on negative tatics,.......beckham on missed penalty against france,......gerrard back pass and DJ clamity goalkeeping,.........of all the england players how he ever represents us I just dont know,......the man is truely rubbishi need a nurse to cheer me up

Etuka

June 25th, 2004, 8:03 am

Agreed. The players are good, but there seems to be this lack of confidence and leadership that stops the team playing constructive football unless they are behind or the outcome is not in doubt.

SPAAGG
Topic Author

June 25th, 2004, 8:25 am

Non mais les portugais.... jamais vu un bordel comme ça à Lausanne.

Tripitaka

June 25th, 2004, 11:58 am

etuka's spot on - we basically lost the ability to pass or hold the ball in a big game last night - it is this confidence and technical poise that ericksson should be there to deliver and isn't. ericksson out, gerrard for captain and let's find a manager with some real strategic ability

Etuka

June 25th, 2004, 10:11 pm

Greece. France. Wow.

mikebell

June 26th, 2004, 1:55 am

Greece?! That's like losing to Egypt in alpine skiing.Netherlands all the way!
Last edited by mikebell on June 25th, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

player

June 26th, 2004, 9:21 am

As much as I want to sack erikson...who would we put in instead of him....Agree with beckham out as captain.....he is not roy keane as a captain....Gerrard...yes so long as he produces for england what he does as liverpool....as for france...all i can do is laugh.....beaten by a bunch of kebab kings....at least we were beaten a techincally gifted side....Czech republic all the way and milan baros to show what he is made of and show why LFC dont need owen anymore
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On