SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Amin
Topic Author

Neuro Electromagnetic weapons

October 12th, 2004, 11:29 am

Last edited by Amin on September 5th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exotiq

October 12th, 2004, 12:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Amin I have heard that CIA has used themseveral against people working in mathematical finance. I'm not sure I fully know what you are talking about, or maybe I am a bit naive to suspect that the CIA probably does not view us highly on their threat list? Perhaps they have already caught on to how our powers can effect economies more than non-quantitative finance professionals or mathematicians working on code cracking or weapons science..?

ppauper

October 12th, 2004, 12:44 pm

Last edited by ppauper on January 28th, 2005, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicConnor

October 12th, 2004, 2:14 pm

It has been found that subjecting people to electromagnetic radiation in the 315 to 400 nanometer wavelengths. Such UV causes people to experiencean elevated production of melanin. The subject's epidermis reflects less light in the visible spectrum, making them more easily identifiable tolaw enforcement officials. Enemies of the state found driving in environments where low melanin levels are prevalent may thus be interceptedbefore they commit acts of terrorism or other crimes. 314-400 nm also promotes the growth of hair in exposed flesh, such as the face. This is particuarly useful in air travel where a combination of facial hair and lower skin reflectance readily identifies a person who should not be allowed to fly.

mdubuque

October 12th, 2004, 4:01 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AminDoes anybody know about neuro-electro magnetic weapons? I have heard that CIA has used themseveral against people working in mathematical finance. I have heard some stories of foreignerspersecuted in America by CIA using these weapons.Can somebody describe how neuro-electromagnetic weapons work and how to protect oneself from them.Yes, these are intense invisible rays with a range of about 400 yards (depending on the wavelength of course) typically beamed from parabolic dishes designed to look like umbrellas. The claim is that they somehow excite the neurouptake mechanisms for serotonin and that this causes quants to become mesmerized by their trading screens but much less likely to perform trades at the necessary times. It may also affect the buffering of residual memory mechanisms in the hippocampus.There are a few defenses against this. 1. Check the windows and rooftops of the highrises near you. Do you see any parabolic dishes which could be aimed in your direction? Are they less than 3 feet in diameter? This is what we are looking for.2. Never sit in a window office which might be susceptible to the beams. This has the added benefit of making you get more work done. A small interior cubicle works best here.3. Install audible alarms for when your trading limits are reached and turn the volume up on these if possible. 4. Although aluminum caps are of course useful (preferably with a propeller on top which will disrupt the standing waves and create a countervailing interference pattern) they can be a source of misunderstanding in the trading department. Try lining the inside of a wool beanie instead with aluminum foil instead; this will offer a lot of protection but will also deflect criticism of your appearance which could result from wearing an a shiny aluminum propeller beanie.5. Most importantly, try to avoid traders from Citicorp. As a primary dealer in governments and as an entity that had close ties to BCCI it is likely that they are doing the dirty work for the various alphabet agencies here in targeting key quants, etc. Just look at what they did by their massive shorting in the Eurobond market last month; this is a critical clue.Good luck!Matthew
Last edited by mdubuque on October 11th, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikebell

October 12th, 2004, 4:10 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Amin
Topic Author

October 12th, 2004, 5:46 pm

mdubuque

October 12th, 2004, 6:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AminGuys, jokes aside this is a very serious issue to those who go through this trauma.Amin, understood, but have you tried all our suggestions?Matthew

farmer

October 12th, 2004, 6:07 pm

I heard they put a virus in every bank's computer, that siphon's off half your income before you even get your paycheck.The solution is simple: Keep yourself completely ignorant of all things quant at all times. And above all, never take a job in mathematical finance. If they still keep coming after you, you can move to Nigeria.

exotiq

October 12th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Too bad that virus doesn't check whether or not you work in Mathematical finance, but seems to siphon off that income from anyone working with a SSN. Aluminum helmets, changing careers and moving haven't saved anyone I know from that terrible worm. Worst of all, most of its victims are anesthetised to the full pain of the bite, so they never know what hit them or think to install an anti-virus. Is Nigeria really safe from this?

ppauper

October 12th, 2004, 6:51 pm

Athletico

October 12th, 2004, 7:15 pm

> I have heard that CIA has used them several against people working in mathematical finance. Well that might explain why a colleague of mine (who has published several papers on stochastic volatility models) has been hearing weird blips on his phone recently. We suspect the fear among CIA wonks is that mathematical finance research -- particularly stochastic volatility models -- could potentially unravel the US economy, because the CIA knows that Heston is the true driving stochastic process behind the US equity markets.(Matthew and ppauper: thanks for your suggestion re aluminum hats; I will recommend this to my colleague.)

ppauper

October 12th, 2004, 8:54 pm

chiral3

October 14th, 2004, 1:05 am

This reminds me of the famous megabrain thread. Does anyone remember that? Search it if yu don't. Here is a partial copy/paste meant to be read bottom to top.... luigiMemberPosts: 54Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 11:17 AM It is easy to critisize. I only wanted to hear the opinion from something serious from the forum about these machines. At least, it should have a relaxation effect. I think it tries to obtain the effect of deep meditation, which is a documented fact. zerdnaSenior MemberPosts: 1218Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 11:02 AM i personally believe in megabrain machine. You put it on your head, turn the power on, and just sit there and watch TV. Your intelligence increases as machine silently does all the work - excellent invention. Unfortunately I am not wealthy enough to buy it, but anyone will see the incredible power of this machine just watching luigi posts and observing how his intelligence rapidly grows with time. -------------------------"Doubt everything. Find your own light." -- Gautama Buddha luigiMemberPosts: 54Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 10:47 AM Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I think FDAXHunter said it all, this machine increases intelligence of people who buy it without any question. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------and maybe it increases intelligence of us, who are questioning it now. chiral3Senior MemberPosts: 1697Joined: Nov 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 10:26 AM Me thinks it uses magnets -------------------------I am clearly an idiot. zerdnaSenior MemberPosts: 1218Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 10:23 AM I think FDAXHunter said it all, this machine increases intelligence of people who buy it without any question. -------------------------"Doubt everything. Find your own light." -- Gautama Buddha rezaSenior MemberPosts: 3003Joined: Aug 2001 Mon Mar 24, 03 10:09 AM hey we already have Omar the Fields Medalist here, who needs any more brain? chiral3Senior MemberPosts: 1697Joined: Nov 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:51 AM I don't have a megabrain. -------------------------I am clearly an idiot. luigiMemberPosts: 54Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:50 AM I will send you a private message.More opinions from people from the forum? FDAXHunterSenior MemberPosts: 3875Joined: Nov 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:40 AM No, I think you should get one, I'm sure it's great... I'll sell you one if you want. Special Price and all....Regards. -------------------------Chiral3, kr, Nonius, Newton and FDAXHunter on a little boat drifting aimlessly on Hell's vast lake of burning sulphur. luigiMemberPosts: 54Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:35 AM ironic? FDAXHunterSenior MemberPosts: 3875Joined: Nov 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:19 AM I think you should get one.... sounds like you could use one. -------------------------Chiral3, kr, Nonius, Newton and FDAXHunter on a little boat drifting aimlessly on Hell's vast lake of burning sulphur. luigiMemberPosts: 54Joined: Jul 2002 Mon Mar 24, 03 09:17 AM This machine is supposed to have many beneficial effects: relaxation, more concentration,.... Even to increase your intelligence. What do you think of these kind of gadgets?

Amin
Topic Author

December 25th, 2004, 5:03 pm

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On