SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

UK going to the dogs

July 25th, 2015, 11:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperIndia's prime minister endorses call for Britain to pay reparations for colonial rulecome on Britain, do the right thingsaid the pot to the kettle.ppauper and 'right thing' are not two words that you naturally associate with each other at first glance. BTW 'Britain' excluded Scotland and Norn Iron.I should have expected a barrage of ad hominem attacks when I signed on to the noble cause or reparations for India, and cuch is of course trying to change the subject by attacking the messengerAct of Union 1707 linked scotland and englandand not just morthern irelandAct of Union 1800 added Ireland to the mixfrom wikiQuote During 1612?1757, the East India Company set up "factories" (trading posts) in several locations, mostly in coastal India, with the consent of the Moghul emperors or local rulers. Its rivals were the merchant trading companies of Holland and France. By the mid-18th century, three "Presidency towns": Madras, Bombay, and Calcutta had grown in size. During the period of Company rule in India, 1757?1858, the Company gradually acquired sovereignty over large parts of India, now called "Presidencies." However, it also increasingly came under British government oversight, in effect sharing sovereignty with the Crown. At the same time it gradually lost its mercantile privileges.Following the Indian Rebellion of 1857, the Company's remaining powers were transferred to the Crown. In the new British Raj (1858?1947), sovereignty extended to a few new regions, such as Upper Burma. Increasingly, however, unwieldy presidencies were broken up into "Provinces".looks the scots, irish, and scots irish contributedppauper and 'noble cause' are not two words that you naturally associate with each other at first glance.And I haven't even started about your woeful lack of knowledge of history.lol, when cuch gives one version of history and wikipedia another, I'll go with wiki

daveangel

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 6:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 8:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.Curry is of course Britain's national dishtikka masala

daveangel

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 8:53 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.Curry is of course Britain's national dishtikka masalaIt is but those Indians are getting a lot of out it.

ExSan

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 9:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popular

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 9:29 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperIndia's prime minister endorses call for Britain to pay reparations for colonial rulecome on Britain, do the right thingsaid the pot to the kettle.ppauper and 'right thing' are not two words that you naturally associate with each other at first glance. BTW 'Britain' excluded Scotland and Norn Iron.I should have expected a barrage of ad hominem attacks when I signed on to the noble cause or reparations for India, and cuch is of course trying to change the subject by attacking the messengerAct of Union 1707 linked scotland and englandand not just morthern irelandAct of Union 1800 added Ireland to the mixfrom wikiQuote During 1612?1757, the East India Company set up "factories" (trading posts) in several locations, mostly in coastal India, with the consent of the Moghul emperors or local rulers. Its rivals were the merchant trading companies of Holland and France. By the mid-18th century, three "Presidency towns": Madras, Bombay, and Calcutta had grown in size. During the period of Company rule in India, 1757?1858, the Company gradually acquired sovereignty over large parts of India, now called "Presidencies." However, it also increasingly came under British government oversight, in effect sharing sovereignty with the Crown. At the same time it gradually lost its mercantile privileges.Following the Indian Rebellion of 1857, the Company's remaining powers were transferred to the Crown. In the new British Raj (1858?1947), sovereignty extended to a few new regions, such as Upper Burma. Increasingly, however, unwieldy presidencies were broken up into "Provinces".looks the scots, irish, and scots irish contributedppauper and 'noble cause' are not two words that you naturally associate with each other at first glance.And I haven't even started about your woeful lack of knowledge of history.lol, when cuch gives one version of history and wikipedia another, I'll go with wikiYou are on the outside, looking in. The Act of Union 1800 can about because of bribery and blackmail.Ppauper uses Wiki instead of reading history books.Getting back to topic, we can blame ppauper for many things, but his using statesman-like words is bordering on irresponsibility.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 25th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

daveangel

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 10:37 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 11:09 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.And Ireland for sending so many people over there.

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

tagoma

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 11:12 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.And Ireland for sending so many people over there.French fries mayonaise anyone?

ppauper

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 11:15 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.I'm sorry you're fat, daveangel

daveangel

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 1:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.I'm sorry you're fat, daveangeltalk is cheap I want compensation from them Yankees

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 1:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.I'm sorry you're fat, daveangeltalk is cheap I want compensation from them Yankees I don't see it that way, Dave Let me tell you what I think we're dealing with here: a potentially positive learning experience to get an--

R. van Gulik

ppauper

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 1:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.I'm sorry you're fat, daveangeltalk is cheap I want compensation from them Yankees I don't see it that way, Dave Let me tell you what I think we're dealing with here: a potentially positive learning experience to get an--an incomplete sentence ?

Cuchulainn

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 1:56 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ExSanQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.well, let's include the french frys, and compensate to America for making it popularor getting the Yankees to pay compensation for making it popular and making us all fat.I'm sorry you're fat, daveangeltalk is cheap I want compensation from them Yankees I don't see it that way, Dave Let me tell you what I think we're dealing with here: a potentially positive learning experience to get an--an incomplete sentence ?HOWARD: I don't see it that way, Geoff. [sniff] Let me tell you what I think we're dealing with here: a potentially positive learning experience to get an-- who is interrupted by Mr. Grim Reaper.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on July 25th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. van Gulik

katastrofa

UK going to the dogs

July 26th, 2015, 3:19 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaDo they also want the British to disassemble the railway system? Seriously, I think apologies for the massacres should be made and treasures returned.and Britain should get compensation for making curry a universal dish. although some people would say that Britain should pay compensation for that as well.Knowing British attitude to personal hygiene, it's not clear who should compensate whom for the habit of washing your hair either...
Last edited by katastrofa on July 25th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On