ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 11:39 am

doogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent work

tagoma

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 11:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent work'doogie howser"? never heard about.btw what a weird name. sounds like the name of a gardening too to me.

rmax

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 11:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent workI didn't know he was Doogie. Rubbish programme. I only thought he had been in How I Met you Ma

ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 2:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent work'doogie howser"? never heard about.btw what a weird name. sounds like the name of a gardening too to me.Doogie Howser MD it's about a kid who's a physicianhe was also in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (and the sequel, escape from gitmo)

ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 2:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent workI didn't know he was Doogie. Rubbish programme. I only thought he had been in How I Met you Mahe's miscast in HIMYM, he's a homosexual and they want us to believe that his character is this incredible womanizer, just not convincing in the role

DevonFangs

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 3:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent workI didn't know he was Doogie. Rubbish programme. I only thought he had been in How I Met you Malike rubbish is the oscars, after all

DevonFangs

Oscars

October 16th, 2014, 3:50 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperdoogie howser is hosting next year.not a fan of his recent workI didn't know he was Doogie. Rubbish programme. I only thought he had been in How I Met you Mahe's miscast in HIMYM, he's a homosexual and they want us to believe that his character is this incredible womanizer, just not convincing in the rolethat's a cartoony character, I think for that he's actually a good fit

ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

December 5th, 2014, 5:21 pm

obama to be nominated for an oscar ?

ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 11:26 am

Quote"Birdman'' won best picture at this year's Academy Awards. Eddie Redmayne won best actor for "The Theory of Everything,'' Julianne Moore won best actress for "Still Alice'' and supporting-acting honours went to JK Simmons for "Whiplash'' and Patricia Arquette for "Boyhood.''the way to win an oscar this year seems to be to make a depressing movie about a terrible disease

rmax

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 12:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuote"Birdman'' won best picture at this year's Academy Awards. Eddie Redmayne won best actor for "The Theory of Everything,'' Julianne Moore won best actress for "Still Alice'' and supporting-acting honours went to JK Simmons for "Whiplash'' and Patricia Arquette for "Boyhood.''the way to win an oscar this year seems to be to make a depressing movie about a terrible diseaseThe AA are based upon what is politically correct and "in" thing to support. It always seems to have very little to do with what is a good film.

Cuchulainn

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 12:51 pm

AA is for losers.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

trackstar

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 1:10 pm

It was a good show - of all the movies nominated, I have only seen Interstellar, but I will see the Turing and Hawking movies some time.The dresses were fabulous as always; black, white, shades of ivory, cream and very pale pink were in. Lots of goddess dresses with woven drape features. Scarlett Johansson stood out in a deep turquoise green dress with a fancy crystal collar necklace in the same shade.People made some interesting political statements in their acceptance speeches and were bolder than normal in that regard.Particularly Patricia Arquette, who called for equal pay for equal work. Huge applause for that and outside of Hollywood, I'd add that there should be more female VCs and hedge fund managers.
Last edited by trackstar on February 22nd, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tagoma

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 1:31 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarIt was a good show - of all the movies nominated, I have only seen Interstellar, but I will see the Turing and Hawking movies some time.The dresses were fabulous as always; black, white, shades of ivory, cream and very pale pink were in. Lots of goddess dresses with woven drape features. Scarlett Johansson stood out in a deep turquoise green dress with a fancy crystal collar necklace in the same shade.People made some interesting political statements in their acceptance speeches and were bolder than normal in that regard.Particularly Patricia Arquette, who called for equal pay for equal work. Huge applause for that and outside of Hollywood, I'd add that there should be more female VCs and hedge fund managers.And, I wish there were even more women at my workplace.

DevonFangs

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 2:48 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: rmaxQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuote"Birdman'' won best picture at this year's Academy Awards. Eddie Redmayne won best actor for "The Theory of Everything,'' Julianne Moore won best actress for "Still Alice'' and supporting-acting honours went to JK Simmons for "Whiplash'' and Patricia Arquette for "Boyhood.''the way to win an oscar this year seems to be to make a depressing movie about a terrible diseaseThe AA are based upon what is politically correct and "in" thing to support. It always seems to have very little to do with what is a good film.+1e.g. see slumdog millionaire

ppauper
Topic Author

Oscars

February 23rd, 2015, 2:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnAA is for losers."I'm cuchulainn and I'm an alcoholic"
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On