SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 16
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

April 10th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Twenty percent of scientists admit to using performance-enhancing drugs
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 63263
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

performance enhancing drugs

April 10th, 2008, 2:01 pm

QuoteBut previous research has shown that, as the boundary between treating illness and enhancing wellbeing continues to blur, taking performance-boosting products continues to gain in cultural acceptance. So, new results in Banach spaces to be taken with a grain of salt?
Chips chips chips Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
TraderJoe
Posts: 11048
Joined: February 1st, 2005, 11:21 pm

performance enhancing drugs

April 10th, 2008, 2:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteBut previous research has shown that, as the boundary between treating illness and enhancing wellbeing continues to blur, taking performance-boosting products continues to gain in cultural acceptance. So, new results in Banach spaces to be taken with a grain of salt?speak for yourself, coochy woochy!
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

April 11th, 2008, 2:29 pm

where's the outrage ?it's bad for athletes to take performance enhancing drugs to win sporting events or get on major league team,but no one cares if eggheads take performance enhancing drugs to win Nobel Prizes in Chemistry ?
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 63263
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

performance enhancing drugs

April 11th, 2008, 3:21 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperwhere's the outrage ?it's bad for athletes to take performance enhancing drugs to win sporting events or get on major league team,but no one cares if eggheads take performance enhancing drugs to win Nobel Prizes in Chemistry ?I'm with Ppauper on this one. It's first bad for your health and second you use the brain you were born with.
Chips chips chips Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 14th, 2013, 7:10 pm

tyson gay tests positive
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 8:15 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positiveTyson Gay and Asafa Powell: Olympic sprinters fail drug testsQuoteFormer world champion Tyson Gay and Jamaica's ex-100m world record holder Asafa Powell have failed drug tests. (snip) Fellow Jamaican Sherone Simpson failed a drug test at the same event. The sprinter, a (women's) 4x100m relay silver medallist at last year's London Olympics,
 
User avatar
katastrofa
Posts: 9665
Joined: August 16th, 2007, 5:36 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 8:57 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteBut previous research has shown that, as the boundary between treating illness and enhancing wellbeing continues to blur, taking performance-boosting products continues to gain in cultural acceptance. So, new results in Banach spaces to be taken with a grain of salt?Or a pinch of acid.
 
User avatar
DevonFangs
Posts: 3004
Joined: November 9th, 2009, 1:49 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 11:45 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positivethere are tests for gayness, and mike tyson is positive?
 
User avatar
daveangel
Posts: 17031
Joined: October 20th, 2003, 4:05 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 1:25 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positivethere are tests for gayness, and mike tyson is positive?Adidas drops Gay
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 3:38 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positivethere are tests for gayness, and mike tyson is positive?google "fruit machine"
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 63263
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 3:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positivethere are tests for gayness, and mike tyson is positive?google "fruit machine"What was the success rate in the land of the maple leaf?
Chips chips chips Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 4:48 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: DevonFangsQuoteOriginally posted by: ppaupertyson gay tests positivethere are tests for gayness, and mike tyson is positive?google "fruit machine"What was the success rate in the land of the maple leaf?fruit machinewiki says>> People were told the machine was to rate stress. After knowledge of its real purpose became widespread, few people volunteered for itanother testPenile plethysmographQuoteSignificant suppliers of PPG machines include Behavioral Technology Inc. and Medical Monitoring Systems. The device is known to be used in Brazil, Britain, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Norway, Slovak Republic, Spain, and the United States.I vaguely remember this one was mentioned on the mclaughlin group (weekend political discussion show on PBS) many years ago as being used in czechoslovakia to root out pedophiles
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 4:56 pm

in related newsdoping rumors persist about chris froomeand the man who stayed away this yearwiki: bradley wigginsQuoteHe moved to Cofidis for the 2006 season,[68] and was selected to ride in the Tour de France, finishing his first Tour in 124th place.(snip)2009: Tour de France breakthrough(snip) Wiggins finished fourth in the 2009 Tour de France (later promoted to third after Lance Armstrong's results were annulled in 2012), riding for Garmin-Slipstream. Pictured on stage 17, riding the Col de la Colombière.Wiggins arrived at the Tour de France having lost 6 kg (13.2 lb), and was nicknamed "Twiggo", instead of the usual "Wiggo".I would characterize it as "unusual" for an elite distance athlete to be able to lose that amount of weight and to be able to go from 124th in the Tour to 4th (later "promoted" to 3rd) just 3 years later.
 
User avatar
daveangel
Posts: 17031
Joined: October 20th, 2003, 4:05 pm

performance enhancing drugs

July 15th, 2013, 5:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperin related newsdoping rumors persist about chris froomeand the man who stayed away this yearwiki: bradley wigginsQuoteHe moved to Cofidis for the 2006 season,[68] and was selected to ride in the Tour de France, finishing his first Tour in 124th place.(snip)2009: Tour de France breakthrough(snip) Wiggins finished fourth in the 2009 Tour de France (later promoted to third after Lance Armstrong's results were annulled in 2012), riding for Garmin-Slipstream. Pictured on stage 17, riding the Col de la Colombière.Wiggins arrived at the Tour de France having lost 6 kg (13.2 lb), and was nicknamed "Twiggo", instead of the usual "Wiggo".I would characterize it as "unusual" for an elite distance athlete to be able to lose that amount of weight and to be able to go from 124th in the Tour to 4th (later "promoted" to 3rd) just 3 years later.the sport is in a difficult position. even so perhaps we should give it the benefit of the doubt ?
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...


GZIP: On