Topic Author

chevy volt

February 14th, 2014, 10:01 pm

The Tesla that caught fire in a Toronto garage this month wasn't plugged in

ppauper
Topic Author

chevy volt

July 11th, 2014, 7:04 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: tagomaStolen Tesla?s Fatality-Free L.A. Crash Surprises Experts

ppauper
Topic Author

Re: chevy volt

May 14th, 2018, 8:12 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

September 4th, 2018, 8:32 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

October 17th, 2018, 12:05 pm

ppauper
Topic Author

November 28th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead
"I got to get inside a brand-new Chevy Volt fresh off the line,” Obama announced to a cheering crowd of United Auto Workers activists. “Even though Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it. But I liked sitting in it. It was nice. I’ll bet it drives real good. And five years from now when I’m not president anymore, I’ll buy one and drive it myself.”
it's almost 2 years since he left office so obama's had plenty of time to buy one if he wanted

bearish

November 29th, 2018, 1:48 am

Trump’s people are scouring the rule books to see how badly they can hurt GM for cashing in his stupid tax breaks and then closing down US factories. Capitalism kind of sucks if you are trying to enact your first five year plan...

ppauper
Topic Author

November 29th, 2018, 4:57 pm

actually they're upset about the $1.2B that Obama blew bailing GM out.
The Volt has been a disaster and a money pit, and I wonder how much of that was Obama's idea when GM was "Government Motors"
"Five year plans" go hand-in-hand with state ownership, as we had under Obama, and central planning, which is the Fed's bailwick

ppauper
Topic Author

December 1st, 2018, 11:57 pm

actually they're upset about the $1.2B that Obama blew bailing GM out.
The Volt has been a disaster and a money pit, and I wonder how much of that was Obama's idea when GM was "Government Motors"
"Five year plans" go hand-in-hand with state ownership, as we had under Obama, and central planning, which is the Fed's bailwick
It's worse than I remember. $12B not $1.2B
According to wiki,
The final direct cost to the Treasury of the GM bailout was $11-12 billion ($10.5 billion for General Motors and $1.5 billion for former GM financing GMAC, now known as Ally). Local tax incentives amounted to $1.7 billion, most of them in Michigan.
Canada under then-Prime Minister helped bail GM out, to avoid job losses in Canada. I believe the Canadian contribution was proportional to the US contribution based on the size of operations in the 2 countries.
Under Obama's bailout,
GM also keeps about 3,600 of its 6,000 U.S. dealerships and most of its plants. But 14 U.S. plants will be closed, and the company will eliminate about 20,000 of its 88,000 U.S. employees by the end of the year as it continues to cut costs.
July 2009: 'New' GM is born
Odd that Obama chose to close US plants rather than those in Mexico or Canada
It looks like Canada got a much better deal than Obama in terms of job losses, although the Oshawa plant (near Toronto, you drive past it on the QEW between Hamilton and Toronto) is evidently scheduled to close in the latest (2018) round of closings

If I remember my history correctly, the price of used autos collapsed during the financial crisis and GM had leased out a whole bunch of autos through GMAC and was unable to get anywhere near what it expected for lease returns

ppauper
Topic Author

December 2nd, 2018, 2:52 pm

Unifor president calls for 40% tariffs on GM vehicles built in Mexico
the head of Canada's largest autoworkers union wants justin to work with president trump, tear up USMCA, and put a 40% tariff on cars from Mexico entering Canada and the US

ppauper
Topic Author

February 5th, 2019, 12:29 pm

New half-ton electric pickup costs just $5,700
It’s made by China’s Kaiyun Motors and has a 5.5 hp motor that's good for a top speed of just 28 mph, which classifies it as a low-speed or neighborhood electric vehicle (LSV/NEV). Regulations regarding their operation vary state to state, but they are street legal in some places. It's aimed mainly at commercial customers and has a range of 75 miles per charge.
reminds me of a golf cart or those little John Deere carts you see
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On