SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Cuchulainn

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 3:47 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI am pretty good at Samba and Tango wrestling, would need some training for Sambo!This is a good place to start

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 6:37 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelIt was all a misunderstanding - I actually have a high opinion of President Obamawants to get her job back ?

zerdna

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 7:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI am pretty good at Samba and Tango wrestling, would need some training for Sambo!This is a good place to start looks like a story of one hairy hippopotamus falling asleep on top of another hairy hippopotamus and when they woke up next day the one on the bottom was declared loser and he felt upset and hungry. Check out this one instead Fedor
Last edited by zerdna on November 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 8:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarI am pretty good at Samba and Tango wrestling, would need some training for Sambo!This is a good place to start looks like a story of one hairy hippopotamus falling asleep on top of another hairy hippopotamus and when they woke up next day the one on the bottom was declared loser and he felt upset and hungry. Check out this one instead FedorWow! Fedor knows his juji-gatame locks. I reckon he was a good judoka/sambo guy.Chris Dolman was 4 times world Sambo champion, Geoff Capes can't wrestle but he was the world's strongest man. Actually, I trained with those guys and a few weeks before the contest all the steps were worked out before the big match. But it is not good sambo, I admit. But hey it's the ringThis is sambo But this guy is a legend.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerdna

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 8:23 pm

QuoteI reckon he was a good judoka/sambo guy.I guess -- he won russian combat sambo like five times and world combat sambo maybe four times, somewhere european combat sambo in between.

quantmeh

Russia Watch

November 25th, 2011, 11:34 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: zerdnaQuoteI reckon he was a good judoka/sambo guy.I guess -- he won russian combat sambo like five times and world combat sambo maybe four times, somewhere european combat sambo in between.he should have retired 3 fights ago. i was a big fan of his, but lately he's been an embarrassment to himself

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 26th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Belarus signs gas deal with Russia

daveangel

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 9:56 am

Russians take a stand
Last edited by daveangel on November 26th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 10:28 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelRussians take a standQuoteoutlawed the promotion of homosexuality, transsexuality and paedophilia to minorssurely no one (except for NAMBLA) is in favor of promoting pedophilia to minors ?

daveangel

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 10:33 am

Quote the governor of Tambov called for gays to be torn into pieces and thrown in the wind, or when former Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov called us alternatively "satanic", "faggots", "western weapons of mass destruction" and made us responsible for the spread of HIV". Your kinda place poops

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 10:37 am

like to think there's a happy medium somewhere:not in favor of killing homosexuals but not in favor of promoting pedophilia to children

daveangel

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 11:22 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperlike to think there's a happy medium somewhere:not in favor of killing homosexuals but not in favor of promoting pedophilia to childrenbut mixing the two up is not exactly fair, is it ? Homosexuality <> Paedophilia

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 12:39 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperlike to think there's a happy medium somewhere:not in favor of killing homosexuals but not in favor of promoting pedophilia to childrenbut mixing the two up is not exactly fair, is it ? Homosexuality <> PaedophiliaCan I take it then that you are with the St Peterbsburg assembly in opposing the promotion of pedophilia to children ?the objectors seem to want children taught that every so-called lifestyle alternative (for example, heterosexuality or homosexuality or pedophilia) is morally equivalent

ppauper

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 12:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuote the governor of Tambov called for gays to be torn into pieces and thrown in the wind, or when former Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov called us alternatively "satanic", "faggots", "western weapons of mass destruction" and made us responsible for the spread of HIV". Your kinda place poopsyou disagree with scientists who feel that homosexuals have been disproportionately responsible for the spread of aids ?Different HIV Rates Among Gay Men And Straight People Not Fully Explained By Sexual Behavior

zerdna

Russia Watch

November 27th, 2011, 1:10 pm

This law of "gay propaganda" is idiotic, most likely it won't stay. In fact, Russia somewhat made progress in terms of tolerance to gays. In the Soviet union people went to jail for being gay. Today, there are tons of open and semi open gay celebrities among pop music, fashion, TV personalities. Percent wise, it feels like a larger proportion than in US. There is a ton of gay hostility, but that kind of thing just dies hard -- just like hostility to minorities.Which brings me to my point. Defense of gay rights somewhat puzzles me sometimes. It seems that journalists in the west and the public that simply eats and regurgitates what media serves don't see any other problems with the rights of non gays. In fact, somehow all freedoms that people talk and care about in the west are sexual freedoms. In Russia, a man closed up all sources of independent, non government media, changed constitution to appoint governors instead of electing them, drove out of the country or put in jail all influential people with money and political ambitions. He is setting himself up to become a president for another 12 years after being a president for eight and shadow president for four, he created a one party system that controls "parliament" and put KGB in charge of controlling all profitable economic activity. It is pretty unbelievable that all that media and public in the west have to say about it is that gays are inconvenienced in terms of talking openly about pounding each other in the ass.
Last edited by zerdna on November 26th, 2011, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On