SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
 
User avatar
migalley
Posts: 3696
Joined: June 13th, 2005, 10:54 am

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 26th, 2008, 7:52 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DanielLIebQuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaI'll take Obama over Manchurian-Panamanian McCain & Czarah Palinova anyday.having been POW is preferable to having been raised in an indonesian madrassaActually I disagree. Many POW's still suffer from terrible PTSD. McCain, for one, still hasn't seemed to get over the Vietnam war. Given the excellent quality education Obama received in his "madrassa" (which means school), I don't appreciate your stating opinion as fact.Victims of muslim terrorism suffer even more terrible PTSD. Those victims will likely never get over it either.What was this "excellent quality education" you speak of?Learning how to decapitate an infidel? Or how to marry a 9 year old girl like the "prophet"? Or how to become a suicide bomber?
 
User avatar
Traden4Alpha
Posts: 23951
Joined: September 20th, 2002, 8:30 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 26th, 2008, 8:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: fars1d3sObama's birth certificateAnother source on Obama's birth certificateFactCheck.org confirms authenticitythis was a bizarre incident:a 3rd party blogger posted the supposed birth certificate which the obama campaign linked: how would a 3rd party blogger get hold of it ?And as many people say it's fake as say it's real.Give it up, ppauper. McCain's a grumpy old loser and the country doesn't want him or his kind. We can play legal mumbo-jumbo with dueling constitutional lawyers but the only people that would benefit would be the lawyers. The last thing this country or the financial markets need is any iota of uncertainty about who will be inaugurated on Jan 20th. And the absolute last thing this country needs is the thought that John "I don't understand economics" McCain would be leading it.
 
User avatar
imrantahir540
Posts: 13
Joined: October 10th, 2005, 5:58 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 3:30 am

At this present moment, you could prove not only prove he was born in Kenya, but even if you were to prove that he is the illegitimate brother of Osama bin Laden it does not matter. He has built up a fan base in the US with over 53% popular vote. The country is hurting economically to give a damn, where he was born. So the answer to the question I believe is that if Obama was born in Kenya, Indonesia, or for that matter in Mecca, he would still be the President.
 
User avatar
Wilfrid
Posts: 524
Joined: July 19th, 2007, 11:52 am

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 9:23 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: imrantahir540At this present moment, you could prove not only prove he was born in Kenya, but even if you were to prove that he is the illegitimate brother of Osama bin Laden it does not matter. He has built up a fan base in the US with over 53% popular vote. The country is hurting economically to give a damn, where he was born. So the answer to the question I believe is that if Obama was born in Kenya, Indonesia, or for that matter in Mecca, he would still be the President.I say, then what you are saying is that the Constitution of the USA no longer matters. That is very cavalier of you, old bean.I believe that it would have to be amended before he could take office, if it is true that he was born outside of the USA, what?
I learned two things at drama school. First, that I couldn't act; second, that it didn't matter.
 
User avatar
Marsden
Posts: 3829
Joined: August 20th, 2001, 5:42 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 12:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenInstead of becoming President, he is made Eternal Emperor with total authority over everything, and Sharia law is imposed while Congress and the Supreme Court are disbannedthat's pretty much your dream scenario isn't it, marsNo, what I want to see is Ronald Reagan reanimated from the dead, but the reanimation process requires his male worshipers constantly to fellate his putrid member in order to keep him "alive."I know a few people who'd sign up for that duty. Right, tpaper?
 
User avatar
PaperCut
Posts: 1616
Joined: May 14th, 2004, 6:45 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Quote If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happensI think that the Electoral College can vote for whomever they choose. For the sake of reasonableness, they would probably choose Biden, and the veep would probably be some congressional or party potentate.
 
User avatar
Marsden
Posts: 3829
Joined: August 20th, 2001, 5:42 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Has anyone else noticed that tpaper's icon looks a little like the next President of the United States?
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:03 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: PaperCutQuote If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happensI think that the Electoral College can vote for whomever they choose. For the sake of reasonableness, they would probably choose Biden, and the veep would probably be some congressional or party potentate.that's one possibility, but it's unclear to me which electors will be selected.That was one of the issues raised at the start of this thread One of the scenarios is that if obama is declared ineligible, he may simply be stricken from the ballot after the event and the electoral votes in the states he won go to the candidate who came second, which would be mccain.And if mccain is also ruled ineligible, the third place candidate gets those electors.I just looked up California, where Alan Keyes has filed a separate challenge:QuoteU.S. President Statewide ResultsBarack Obama (Dem) 8,063,473 61.1% John McCain (Rep) 4,902,278 37.1% Alan Keyes (AI) 39,620 0.3% Cynthia McKinney (Grn) 37,432 0.2% Bob Barr (Lib) 65,654 0.5%in New York,QuoteU.S. President Statewide ResultsBarack Obama Dem. 4,363,386 62.2% John McCain Rep. 2,576,360 36.7 Ralph Nader Pop 38,048 0.5 Bob Barr Lib 22,292 0.3 Cynthia McKinney Grn 12,031 0.2 Roger Calero SWP 5,703 0.1 Gloria La Riva PSL 2,298 0.0in TexasQuoteU.S. President Statewide ResultsJohn McCain Rep. 4,467,748 55.5% Barack Obama Dem. 3,521,164 43.8 Bob Barr Lib 56,398 0.7so Keyes would win CA, Nader would win NY, Barr would win TX and so on
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:04 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: MarsdenHas anyone else noticed that tpaper's icon looks a little like the next President of the United States?indeed,we could be twins !
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4Alpha We can play legal mumbo-jumbo with dueling constitutional lawyers but the only people that would benefit would be the lawyers. Some of us respect the constitution.All that's being asked of Obama is that he proves that he's a natural born citizenHe could have made these suits go away by simply showing his original birth certificate to the court but instead he lawyered up and argued that members of the public "lack standing" to challenge his eligibility.That's why Alan Keyes filed a suit -- as a candidate himself, Keyes definitely does have standing.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:11 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: DanielLIebSir, please go away. How on earth people with advanced degrees can be so stupid is beyond me.why exactly do you take issue with the questions raised here ?are you unable to comprehend that the SCOTUS is going to conference on the issue of obama's and mccain's eligibility ?
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Alan Keyes Tells Us Why He Questions Obama's Presidencyfor the record, Alan Keyes has a PhD from Harvard and used to be an ambassador QuoteESSENCE.COM: What's wrong with the birth certificate on his Web site?KEYES: Part of the problem is, at the time he was born, the state of Hawaii was issuing certificates of live birth. That's what he has on the Web site. They would issue that certificate verifying you were born, but not necessarily in the United States. And there is question that, at the time that he was born, his mother was not yet of age to transmit citizenship. You had to be 19, I think. If he was born in Hawaii, then he is a natural born citizen. If he was born somewhere else-and a question has been raised if his birth was in Kenya-then his mother would not have transmitted citizenship. One needs to verify that the certificate verifies the birthplace.
Last edited by ppauper on November 26th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
daveangel
Posts: 17031
Joined: October 20th, 2003, 4:05 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:57 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperAlan Keyes Tells Us Why He Questions Obama's Presidencyfor the record, Alan Keyes has a PhD from Harvard and used to be an ambassador QuoteESSENCE.COM: What's wrong with the birth certificate on his Web site?KEYES: Part of the problem is, at the time he was born, the state of Hawaii was issuing certificates of live birth. That's what he has on the Web site. They would issue that certificate verifying you were born, but not necessarily in the United States. And there is question that, at the time that he was born, his mother was not yet of age to transmit citizenship. You had to be 19, I think. If he was born in Hawaii, then he is a natural born citizen. If he was born somewhere else-and a question has been raised if his birth was in Kenya-then his mother would not have transmitted citizenship. One needs to verify that the certificate verifies the birthplace.Keys (and poops) is a sore loser. QuoteState declares Obama birth certificate genuineOct 31, 2008HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers
 
User avatar
ppauper
Topic Author
Posts: 70239
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 2:59 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangelQuoteState declares Obama birth certificate genuineOct 31, 2008HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits. if you read what they say, they don't actually say the certificate is genuine, rather that he has an Hawaii birth certificate, which would also be the case if he were born in Kenya then registered in Hawaii
Last edited by ppauper on November 26th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
daveangel
Posts: 17031
Joined: October 20th, 2003, 4:05 pm

If barack hussein obama is ineligible, what happens

November 27th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Quoteif you read what they say, they don't actually say the certificate is genuine, rather that he has an Hawaii birth certificate, which would also be the case if he were born in Kenya then registered in Hawaii what ? like the first line in the statement was not clear enough ?QuoteHONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.come on dude - just accept it. A madrassa graduate, black, liberal is your president.
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...


GZIP: On