Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

"Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug

December 1st, 2014, 9:24 am

Just received a copy 5 minutes ago.This book looks great, great layout and inviting to read.Congratulations, Espen.Page 492 one sees Codex Karlsen studying the speed of light. Penny has dropped
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

December 1st, 2014, 9:44 am

The (George Francis) Fitzgerald building Trinity College Dublin UniversityIt would seem that Fitzgerald's work is important here.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on November 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

December 1st, 2014, 11:19 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnThe (George Francis) Fitzgerald building Trinity College Dublin UniversityIt would seem that Fitzgerald's work is important here.Fitzgerald´s work indeed play an important role also in my theory. Also the Iris physicist Sir Joseph Larmor is brought more back into light. At first eye sight the Larmor transformation (the version he published in his 1900 book, I recommend also this book for anyone interested in physics) looks very different than the Lorentz transformation. This is mainly due to Larmor´s very original notation (and of course he could be original as he was the "first" to get consistent with experiment). Larmor is the first combining length contraction and time dilation and to get a mathematical theory consistent with the Michelson and Morley experiment. When re-writing Larmors transformation into the notation form of Lorentz (that has become the standard notation used today) it looks at first eye sight identical to Lorentz, but it is not (but sill both transformations holds for the Michelson and Morley experiment). The original interpretation by Lorentz on his own transformation was closer to that of Larmor. Larmor gives credit to both Fitzgerald and Lorentz on length contrition that he uses in his transformation also. In 1905 Lorentz got heavily influenced by Poincare that showed that the L factor in the Lorentz (1904) transformation always was equal to 1 (so from 1905 the L in the Lorentz transformation is gone (set to 1)). Lorentz got after this heavily influenced by Poincares thinking (which helped him, but if reading my book one will understand also was partly a mistake). The Poincare influenced Lorentz transformation is identical to the Einstein transformation. Einstein derived the transformation independently based on his own assumptions and claim he only knew of Lorentz work up to 1895. Poincare believed in the ether but believed it never could be detected motion against the ether. Einstein in 1905 simply rejected the ether, but several times after publications on GR claimed there had to be an aether, or what he called the new ether. The difference between the Poincare influenced Lorentz transformation and Einstein transformation is just that Poincare and Lorentz still believed in the ether, but that it not could be detected. Einstein simply rejected the ether and yes also assumed isotropic one-way speed of light for his clock synchronization. Poincare had suggested similar synchronization before, and is why someone call it Einstein-Poincare synchronization. Einstein's theory was much more extensive in the way he also derived E=Mc^2 as well as relativistic Doppler shift and more. Einstein was also the first to discuss time dilation in words. Larmor derived time dilation mathematically and mention it in a few sentences. The Larmor time dilation is different mathematical even if looking identical, there is a different in the input. The Poincare influenced Lorentz transformation was published June 5 1905 while Einstein published his theory June 30 1905. The Larmor transformation holds for experiments where everything is set up in the same frame, such as the Michelson and Morley experiment. The Poincare influenced Lorentz transformation (and the Einstein transformation that is identical to Lorentz mathematically) holds for any two frames. Still there is much more to it that is revealed in my book, I will write more on this also here, but later.I am not the first that shows the Larmor transformation at first eye sight after re-writing the notation into Lorentz notation looks identical to the Lorentz transformation. Still I bring new insight in the Larmor transformation as well as considerably new insight into the Lorentz transformation. First off all I think Larmor should be given much more credit, many physics books today do not even mention Larmor anymore, they should. The Larmor transformation is right, but is incomplete, but he also did not use his transformation outside what he claimed it could do. I present also a whole new set of length (space) and time transformations where Lorentz (Einstein) transformation is a ´special´case. Or more precisely I uncover a deeper layer underneath that also can be detected in experiments, but yes also the Lorentz transformation comes out from this deeper theory. The Lorentz transformation is mathematical correct and will be consistent with almost any (with a couple of important exemptions described in great detail in my book) experiment done with Einstein-Poincare synchronized clocks as well as clocks synchronized by slow clock transportation, there is however another more fundamental way to synchronize clocks.
Last edited by Collector on November 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

December 1st, 2014, 11:25 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunThat must be the biggest back-cover tease I've ever run into: I need to see what it's about now!Where can I get it, fast?the larger number of copies to amazon are a bit delayed due to technical problems at the printing press (one of the larger printing houses UK), but yes send me a private message and I can see what I can do for you, some wilmott forum members can possibly get VIP ticket, just don't tell anyone, but also here unfortunately limitations as there is a shortage just now :-). Some copies have now reached New York, London and yes Netherland.
Last edited by Collector on November 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

December 1st, 2014, 11:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnJust received a copy 5 minutes ago.This book looks great, great layout and inviting to read.Congratulations, Espen.Page 492 one sees Codex Karlsen studying the speed of light. Penny has dropped Thanks! Yes I told you would be introduced to Codex Karlsen in good time, the penny has just landed on its edge!

trackstar

December 1st, 2014, 11:35 am

I ordered my copy from Amazon US before Thanksgiving. Will post here when it arrives, as a benchmark for the East Coast.Amazon did not commit to a delivery date, but I am both busy and patient.Congratulations on this Magnum opus!
Last edited by trackstar on November 30th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

December 1st, 2014, 11:56 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnJust received a copy 5 minutes ago.This book looks great, great layout and inviting to read.Congratulations, Espen.Page 492 one sees Codex Karlsen studying the speed of light. Penny has dropped Thanks! Yes I told you would be introduced to Codex Karlsen in good time, the penny has just landed on its edge!All the little kittens in time and space.Is SK your cat? it's cute.

Collector

December 1st, 2014, 11:59 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnJust received a copy 5 minutes ago.This book looks great, great layout and inviting to read.Congratulations, Espen.Page 492 one sees Codex Karlsen studying the speed of light. Penny has dropped Thanks! Yes I told you would be introduced to Codex Karlsen in good time, the penny has just landed on its edge!All the little kittens in time and space.Is SK your cat? it's cute.CK is my sisters cat. My own cat passed away of old age many years ago, RIP (but I am still not 100% sure if it is dead or alive, Chap 24: The Origin of Life, Memory and Intelligence).

trackstar

December 5th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Some interesting news from Princeton University Press; they are celebrating the upcoming 100th year anniversary of Einstein's 1905 breakthrough and have produced a book that will come out next spring:Relativity - Press Release - PUP slated for April 2015There should be many discussions and events in the scientific community and beyond next year, so probably some great opportunities to advance an alternative viewpoint. Of course, you probably are aware of all that and are ahead of the game by a few months!

Collector

December 5th, 2014, 2:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarSome interesting news from Princeton University Press; they are celebrating the upcoming 100th year anniversary of Einstein's 1905 breakthrough and have produced a book that will come out next spring:Relativity - Press Release - PUP slated for April 2015There should be many discussions and events in the scientific community and beyond next year, so probably some great opportunities to advance an alternative viewpoint. Of course, you probably are aware of all that and are ahead of the game by a few months! Special Relativity: Will it Survive the Next 101 Years? I am Sorry Albert: it will not! It only survived 109 years (but despite that the facts now are on some tables, it will likely take 20 (50?) more years before the academic establishment accept it was incomplete).
Last edited by Collector on December 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

December 5th, 2014, 2:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorQuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarSome interesting news from Princeton University Press; they are celebrating the upcoming 100th year anniversary of Einstein's 1905 breakthrough and have produced a book that will come out next spring:Relativity - Press Release - PUP slated for April 2015There should be many discussions and events in the scientific community and beyond next year, so probably some great opportunities to advance an alternative viewpoint. Of course, you probably are aware of all that and are ahead of the game by a few months! Special Relativity: Will it Survive the Next 101 Years? I am Sorry Albert: it will not! It only survived 109 years (but despite that the facts now are on some tables, it will likely take 20 (50?) more years before the academic establishment accept it was incomplete).All they need is your book... Although all time is relative
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Collector

December 5th, 2014, 2:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel All they need is your book... Very good you know! QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel Although all time is relative Yes and No!
Last edited by Collector on December 4th, 2014, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

December 5th, 2014, 2:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CollectorQuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel All they need is your book... Very good you know! QuoteOriginally posted by: daveangel Although all time is relative Yes and No!Einstein is overrated
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers

Gamal

December 5th, 2014, 3:18 pm

[$]E=GO^2[$]