SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Re: "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug

May 6th, 2019, 3:21 pm

You're challenging Douglas Adams on the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything: your theory seems to say that it's "!" and not "42"!

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 6th, 2019, 3:34 pm

I read 10 pages of DA'a book. Hippie drivel.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

Collector

May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Douglas, Quantum Physics for Hippies

"I love quantum physics. It's all about cosmic vibrations resonating with the universe, right?"
"No it is not"
"But I read that in a book!"
"Sorry to be blunt, but the book you read is bullshit."

"hippies are a critical endangered spices when it comes to misinformation about quantum physics."   (and plenty of them on this tread, well I will not drop names)

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 6th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Approach your problem from the right end and begin with the answers. Then one day, perhaps you will find the final question..
R. van Gulik

katastrofa

May 6th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Douglas, Quantum Physics for Hippies

"I love quantum physics. It's all about cosmic vibrations resonating with the universe, right?"
"No it is not"
"But I read that in a book!"
"Sorry to be blunt, but the book you read is bullshit."

"hippies are a critical endangered spices when it comes to misinformation about quantum physics."   (and plenty of them on this tread, well I will not drop names)
Another academia brainwashed idiot! If the book was about bullshit, it certainly was about quantum mechanics!

Make luv not war!

Gamal

May 6th, 2019, 9:34 pm

"They usually make me laugh, alltough sometimes they make me cry."

yes I understand you cry when you think they are idiots and they actually take money from you in the market. 
What are you talking about? Physists and money in the market? C'mon, all what they get are their poor post-doc wages from the university.
Last edited by Gamal on May 7th, 2019, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

May 6th, 2019, 9:39 pm

But there's a really lot of them. Everybody can be a scientist these days - they just need to be good at cheating, stealing, manipulating and back-stabbing.

MarkBrezina

May 6th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Indeed. In Denmark we had a well respected professor a couple of years ago. She was made famous because of a report on the renewal and development of braincells in rats. A report which was sadly shown to be a fraud

katastrofa

May 7th, 2019, 12:40 am

Why torture sweet rats? Isn't neurogenesis in primates an established phenomenon (via even more cruel experiments on macaques)? I've read about people who after learning to juggle got thicker (in their motor cortex - the brain region believed to control the body motion perception).

Gamal

May 7th, 2019, 5:47 am

yes I understand you cry when you think they are idiots and they actually take money from you in the market. 
They are not idiots. They are intelligent and well educated people. Their problem is they are ultimate loosers with oversized egos.

Collector

May 7th, 2019, 8:07 am

Why is the Hawking temperature not intensive? (Examples of intensive properties include temperature)  Landsberg even claimed that the intensity and extensive properties and their relations should be considered the fourth law of thermodynamics.

Also why do GR give exactly the same escape velocity as Newton approximation? The Newton approximation can clearly only hold in weak field, as it is derived from kinetic energy approximation that only holds for v<<c. This give absurd things such as one get gravitation acceleration field of a super massive black hole at the Schwarzschild radius to close to zero, one can jump 10000 meter off the surface, but yes still the theory claim one need escape velocity c (sure one are looking at infinite horizon), still it is absurd. So no corrections for a Newton weak field escape velocity approximation in a strong gravity field? absurd! 

The Hawking Temperature Intensive Crisis and a Possible Solution that Leads to an Intensive Schwarzschild Surface Temperature

Under atomism we must have intensive temperature for all maximum densely packed objects, of course there are no holes where all the mass is in a point without spatial dimensions in the center.

PS we can yes find the Schwarzschild radius easily without any knowledge of G or the incomplete mass definition off modern physics. All one need is a beam of light and measure it at two altitudes in the gravitational field.

The Schwarzschild radius (well actually first derived in 1700) is very very important, but even if it have many of the mathematical properties of so called black-holes it has nothing to do with black holes. It is the reduced Compton frequency of the gravitational mass over the shortest possible time unit, in other words it is directly linked to collision space-time, which is the mass definition missing in modern physics.
Last edited by Collector on May 7th, 2019, 8:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

katastrofa

May 7th, 2019, 8:10 am

They are not idiots. They are intelligent and well educated people. Their problem is they are ultimate loosers with oversized egos.
Most of those I've met were just good at pretending that they were intelligent (often admitting it in the moment of weakness). Science is business for those who wouldn't make it in real jobs.

Gamal

May 7th, 2019, 8:46 am

Some level of intelligence is needed to pretend to be very intelligent.

Collector

May 7th, 2019, 12:23 pm

ohh my G, now I finally understand u; The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool,  explains a lot!! and it is masterly to do it for so looong! any schools for acquire such skills?

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

May 7th, 2019, 12:36 pm

Einstein can't be classed as witless.
He claimed atoms were the littlest.
When you did a bit of splitting-em-ness
Frighten everybody shitless
There ain't half been some clever bastards.
Probably got help from their mum
(who had help from her mum).
There ain't…
Probably got help from their mum
(who had help from her mum).
Now that we've had some,
Let's hope that there's lots more to come.

R. van Gulik
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On