Hot Dudes With Kittens

katastrofa
Topic Author

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 3:12 pm

trackstar

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 3:27 pm

A short funny story for you:Yesterday two friends stopped by to visit me and one has a little Boston Terrier.One of my cats ("Tiger") is fairly social and will come out to see who is here. (The other cat adores me, but she stays in her favorite room in the back of the house when other people are around.) They are both Maine Coons and good-sized catsTiger sauntered into the living room and was shocked to see a dog her size. She has seen my sister's Aussie Shepherds quite a few times before and is fine with them, but what the heck is this little pipsqueak? Clearly not a cat, but...? She stood in the archway staring and circling - the dog, Lola, is cute and just wanted to say hello, but kept a safe distance away; as big as Tiger is, she was a little overmatched.This went on for a few minutes and finally Tiger settled at the edge of the hallway. The dog sat down about 6 feet away and they watched each other closely. It was very entertaining.
Last edited by trackstar on April 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 3:33 pm

katastrofa
Topic Author

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 4:29 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarA short funny story for you:Yesterday two friends stopped by to visit me and one has a little Boston Terrier.One of my cats ("Tiger") is fairly social and will come out to see who is here. (The other cat adores me, but she stays in her favorite room in the back of the house when other poeple are around.) They are both Maine Coons and good-sized catsTiger sauntered into the living room and was shocked to see a dog her size. She has seen my sister's Aussie Shepherds quite a few times before and is fine with them, but what the heck is this little pipsqueak? Clearly not a cat, but...? She stood in the archway staring and circling - the dog, Lola, is cute and just wanted to say hello, but kept a safe distance away; as big as Tiger is, she was a little overmatched.This went on for a few minutes and finally Tiger settled at the edge of the hallway. The dog sat down about 6 feet away and they watched each other closely. It was very entertaining.Maine coons are huge! They look like Bubastis from Watchmen, a mutated lynx (I'm reading that there actually is a theory that Maine Coon is a home cat-lynx cross: http://www.maine-coon-cat-nation.com/history.html)It's funny how my cats have similarly different personalities, only the boy is the shy one (and very attached to me). Just look at his face in this photo:https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8_o.jpgAnd here he thinks he's a joey :-)https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... 6456_n.jpg
Last edited by katastrofa on April 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 4:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaIt's funny how my cats have similarly different personalities, only the boy is the shy one (and very attached to me).Haha - wonderful - those ears! I will try to post pictures of Smokey and Tiger later today. (I have dozens of photos of them, of course. :)
Last edited by trackstar on April 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

All about Cats

April 21st, 2016, 5:39 pm

Last edited by trackstar on April 27th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa
Topic Author

All about Cats

April 27th, 2016, 11:08 pm

I've just noticed your post, under a pile of spam about Donald Trump's toupee and Kim Kardashian's croupe... :-/Tiger, tiger, burning bright / In the forests of the night :-) He looks huge and his coat is so fluffy. You must never get cold in the winter :-) Does it require a lot of grooming?The link to Smokey's album does work. I would really love to see her!It's getting sunnier in London (or so I'm deluding myself) and my guys spend all days in the attic lying in the sun. When I call or whistle at them, they only respond with a long vocalise of meows and mraus.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LYAi ... 2788_x.jpg
Last edited by katastrofa on April 27th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

All about Cats

April 28th, 2016, 1:17 am

Haha - yes, trash and treasures, as always around here.Nice with the Blake - my grandmother used to recite that to me when I was very young.Indeed, these cats are both very fluffy (Tiger has classic Maine Coon top coat and undercoat and Smokey has a funny little variation - she has the equivalent of a double undercoat - very thick fur). I brush them a few times a week. (I fixed the link for Smokey's picture - you can see how wise she is.)Nice that you have an attic for your two to play in. Mine are allowed outside when I am at home, but they stay nearby and like to sit under the shrubs around the house or explore the garden. I am traveling (just a short trip right now) and a friend is taking care of them. Hopefully they are not misbehaving. ;)
Last edited by trackstar on April 27th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa
Topic Author

All about Cats

April 28th, 2016, 6:25 am

Thanks. She's beautiful too. This color is called blue, isn't it?

katastrofa
Topic Author

All about Cats

April 29th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Teh horror!

trackstar

All about Cats

April 29th, 2016, 4:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaThanks. She's beautiful too. This color is called blue, isn't it?Yes, she is iron gray, but some would say blue. I wonder if you have even seen a Russian Blue. They are nice. My mother's friend had two of them, years ago. British Shorthairs are distinctive too - such round faces.
Last edited by trackstar on April 28th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

All about Cats

April 29th, 2016, 8:52 pm

We have just adopted a young cat. Now we have two!
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On