Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

AlexEro
Topic Author

Russian thread. Русская ветка форума.

June 21st, 2016, 5:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaKravchuk was Ukrainian. So much for "Russian contributions"...Who cares? Ukraine and Russia are two sisters with 1000+ years of common history.Sorry dude. Some of us are educated, so please stop.Stop what? Telling the truth?

Gamal

June 21st, 2016, 6:35 pm

Dude, history of Russia/Ukraine starts in 862, so it makes 1154 years until now. Between the Lithuanian conquest around 1320 and fall of Sich/partitions of Poland in 1795 Ukraine and Russia were separated. So, you have 650 years of what you call common history and 500 years of war.

AlexEro
Topic Author

June 21st, 2016, 7:35 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalDude, history of Russia/Ukraine starts in 862, so it makes 1154 years until now. Between the Lithuanian conquest around 1320 and fall of Sich/partitions of Poland in 1795 Ukraine and Russia were separated. So, you have 650 years of what you call common history and 500 years of war.Where do this come from (every day)? US paid trolls?This is your nightmare fantasy.I can not comment every fantasy in the world. You have been duped by Wiki-pedia, BBC, Euronews etc.Even not taking into account everything I know about Ukraine, simply:In a museum (just across the street of my house, figuratively speaking) there is a big old manuscript (getman's order, the original) on the wall, signed by Ukrainian Getman Bogdan Khmelnitsky. It is written in russian and the signature is "Getman Russkii and malo-rossiiskiy". Date is around 1654-1656. I tend to beleive my eyes instead of trusting to fantasies of anonimous person on Internet forum.Dude, where did you get this BS? English Wikipedia?

Cuchulainn

June 21st, 2016, 7:40 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnYanenko was a friendly man.What happened to him? My supervisor was a friend of Gury Marchuk..He died at age 62 by embolism after nurse inserted a syringe with air to his vein.Was the nurse a trainee? Marchuk was once in hospital for something. The doctors were unable to cure him, so he decided to study the underlying predator-prey model. He solved it and told the doctors how to cure him.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThinkDifferent

June 21st, 2016, 8:04 pm

....does that mean list and lovenatalya going to post here? :/

ThinkDifferent

June 21st, 2016, 8:05 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaKravchuk was Ukrainian. So much for "Russian contributions"...he was from USSR.

ThinkDifferent

June 21st, 2016, 8:07 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaKravchuk was Ukrainian. So much for "Russian contributions"...Who cares? Ukraine and Russia are two sisters with 1000+ years of common history.Sorry dude. Some of us are educated, so please stop.as a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.

Gamal

June 21st, 2016, 8:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: GamalDude, history of Russia/Ukraine starts in 862, so it makes 1154 years until now. Between the Lithuanian conquest around 1320 and fall of Sich/partitions of Poland in 1795 Ukraine and Russia were separated. So, you have 650 years of what you call common history and 500 years of war.In a museum (just across the street of my house, figuratively speaking) there is a big old manuscript (getman's order, the original) on the wall, signed by Ukrainian Getman Bogdan Khmelnitsky. It is written in russian and the signature is "Getman Russkii and malo-rossiiskiy". Date is around 1654-1656. It was a treaty between Muscovy (Russia is a confusing name) and Left-bank Ukraine (a small part of the whole Ukraine) - a treaty between two independent states. The next hetman Ivan Mazepa did fight on the Swedish side against Muscovy in the Great Northern War. Fall of the Sich is considered as the end of Ukrainian independence in all textbooks, it's one century later.
Last edited by Gamal on June 20th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamal

June 21st, 2016, 8:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.

AlexEro
Topic Author

June 22nd, 2016, 5:01 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnYanenko was a friendly man.What happened to him? My supervisor was a friend of Gury Marchuk..He died at age 62 by embolism after nurse inserted a syringe with air to his vein.Was the nurse a trainee? Marchuk was once in hospital for something. The doctors were unable to cure him, so he decided to study the underlying predator-prey model. He solved it and told the doctors how to cure him.Sorry, I dont know that.It is amazing how terrible was math study in Marchuk's times in MFTI institute (main secretive "rocket college" in USSR).I have never met with Gury Marchuk personally, despite the fact that Marchuk was a head of chair of mathematical modelling exactly when I have spent 1 year as a student in MFTI in Moscow. (I was excluded from MFTI by the reason of my "anti-soviet propaganda" (and, surprise, bad results on exams). Later I graduated from Kiev University, cybernetics department, and then passed post-graduated course in Economic Institute of Ukraine. Now I have got three patents in high-end audio, radio-electronics and DSP, which are used internationally. You can see that everything is Ok with my math and physics, buh-ha-ha.)
Last edited by AlexEro on June 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexEro
Topic Author

June 22nd, 2016, 6:59 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnCuchulainn, sometimes your several postings about soviet science are bordering with delight. I am far from the idea that you are really enjoining soviet science, expecially after your funny pics about analogy between soviet methods an "normal science" methods, with pictured soviet and western aircrafts. Really, it is true, it can not be depicted better. I can say that in my opinion this "delight" is rather from "It is amazing that in that communist society with no running hot water in houses - there are still signs of real science, including serious math!". This is my view of that "delight" from outside persons. Guys, I understand that, but INSIDE the communist system that WAS NOT FUNNY. And let me assure you that real precious diamonds for math and for time-series prediction (fin-tech) of soviet-era science are digged not in PR-ed scientists like Kolmogorov (stupid probability axioms, along with his "invention" of moronistic communistic "internats" for talented kids, cut far from their happy child life, parents and friends), not in famous Kotelnikov's works (cryptography; sampling theorem, based on Fourier), but in works by little-known in russia-soviet era scientists.For example: = E. Slutsky (random time-series) graduated from Kiev University, worked in Moscow, now his works are heavily re-considered in Kiev and Moscow. Some of his works were declined by Pierson in journal, now re-published in a large book in Russia and Ukraine;Eugen_Slutsky= Bunyakovsky, the author of Cauchy?Bunyakovsky?Schwarz inequality. He was born in a small town Bar in Ukraine, 90 km from me now, later became famous in Russia. He is also an author of pre-Pierson fundamental work on probability: "Foundations of the mathematical theory of probability," which was published in 1846;Viktor_Bunyakovskyetc. etc.
Last edited by AlexEro on June 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

June 22nd, 2016, 9:46 pm

At university in Dublin we learned it as Cauchy-Bunyakovsky-Schwarz inequality (indeed) from a Princeton man.And also a.e. == p.p. Quotesometimes your several postings about soviet science are bordering with delightThank you, Alexpro. Quote "invention" of moronistic communistic "internats" for talented kids, cut far from their happy child life, parents and friendsMaths taken to extremes. I remember Gamal on this.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

June 22nd, 2016, 9:59 pm

and ADE methodVK Saulyev, who was Lithuanian.

katastrofa

June 22nd, 2016, 11:32 pm

Last edited by katastrofa on June 22nd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

June 23rd, 2016, 12:04 am

(double, sorry)
Last edited by katastrofa on June 22nd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.