SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

katastrofa

Russian thread. Русская ветка форума.

June 23rd, 2016, 2:03 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.We have distinct genotypes, completely different personalities, different traditions, customs and cuisines; we even look completely different. 200 years of Russian occupation couldn't erase it and nor will their bullshit.Getting back on topic: Russia aims to develop 'teleportation' in 20 years
Last edited by katastrofa on June 22nd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexEro
Topic Author

June 23rd, 2016, 5:34 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.We have distinct genotypes, completely different personalities, different traditions, customs and cuisines; we even look completely different. 200 years of Russian occupation couldn't erase it and nor will their bullshit.Getting back on topic: Russia aims to develop 'teleportation' in 20 yearsYou are a liar:"Occupation" means TWO laws on the same territory: one law for aborigens and the other law for occupants. This is not the case in Ukraine now and never was - from the side of Russia (was a case from the side of Poland). The Ukraine has only one enemy - the ukrainian nationalism. Without ukrainian nationalism the Ukraine could be the second Switzerland 20 years ago (maybe 150 years ago).***** Sorry guys, I will probably will not make posts on Wilmott forum anymore - due to soviet-style censorship here based on rant of a liar (not in this thread of forum) *******.
Last edited by AlexEro on June 22nd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katastrofa

June 23rd, 2016, 6:22 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEroQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.We have distinct genotypes, completely different personalities, different traditions, customs and cuisines; we even look completely different. 200 years of Russian occupation couldn't erase it and nor will their bullshit.Getting back on topic: Russia aims to develop 'teleportation' in 20 yearsYou are a liar:"Occupation" means TWO laws on the same territory: one law for aborigens and the other law for occupants. This is not the case in Ukraine now and never was - from the side of Russia (was a case from the side of Poland). The Ukraine has only one enemy - the ukrainian nationalism. Without ukrainian nationalism the Ukraine could be the second Switzerland 20 years ago (maybe 150 years ago).***** Sorry guys, I will probably will not make posts on Wilmott forum anymore - due to soviet-style censorship here based on rant of a liar (not in this thread of forum) *******.Sayonara, turtle.BTW, "occupation" in British English

Gamal

June 23rd, 2016, 8:23 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AlexEro"Occupation" means TWO laws on the same territory: one law for aborigens and the other law for occupants.Exactly - one law for the tsar who is the owner of everything and everybody (самодержец) and another law for the rest who are nothing more than objects (раб). The political system in Turkey was exactly the same.
Last edited by Gamal on June 22nd, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThinkDifferent

June 23rd, 2016, 2:42 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.We have distinct genotypes, completely different personalities, different traditions, customs and cuisines; we even look completely different. 200 years of Russian occupation couldn't erase it and nor will their bullshit.Getting back on topic: Russia aims to develop 'teleportation' in 20 yearsget the fuck out of here with your russophobic nonsense.

katastrofa

June 23rd, 2016, 6:18 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentQuoteOriginally posted by: katastrofaQuoteOriginally posted by: GamalQuoteOriginally posted by: ThinkDifferentas a Russian-Ukrainian I beg to disagree. it's basically the same people.There's one massive difference - Russians follow the Mongolian tradition, they just belong to the tsar as his rabs. Ukrainians love freedom (вільність), where there's only a Cossack, a horse and the steppe.We have distinct genotypes, completely different personalities, different traditions, customs and cuisines; we even look completely different. 200 years of Russian occupation couldn't erase it and nor will their bullshit.Getting back on topic: Russia aims to develop 'teleportation' in 20 yearsget the fuck out of here with your russophobic nonsense.I'm not a Russophobe, I like Chekhov.

ThinkDifferent

June 23rd, 2016, 6:56 pm

a good Russian is a dead Russian to katastrofa. I remember seeing quite a few Russophobic posts from him.

katastrofa

June 23rd, 2016, 7:27 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: GamalAnd what about alive Russians?There are Soviet-type phonies and kind-hearted (to the borders of naivety) genuine pals among Russians. One of the latter is my best friend.

ppauper

June 23rd, 2016, 8:26 pm

it's a shame that dr zerdna is not around at the moment, as he knows an awful lot about russia/ukraine/russian science

katastrofa

June 23rd, 2016, 9:56 pm

The ultimate proof that I'm not a Russophobe: freshly baked traditional buckwheat bread :-)

list1

June 25th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Before revolution 1917 there were not nationalities in Russian Empire, ie it was not Russians or Ukrainians, or Belorussians they were Christians. There were not geographical or political territory called Ukraine. In 1926 it was first census where say converted people can choose nationality quite arbitrary to assign himself to russians or ukrainians etc. Later their kids can choose a nationality if parents have different ones. Staling united a few regions and called them Ukraine. It was much less than modern Ukraine. The modern Ukrainian language probably was existed about say 200 years. It is close primarily to Russian and also somewhat to Polish which held a lot of western part of Ukraine for hundreds years. Ukrainian speaking Poland population were Russian Orthodox were second sort people in Poland. They asked Rome Pope to defend them from Polish Catholics. Pope agreed and made an adjustment called Unia which represents primarily Russian Orthodox tradition with celebration dates based on catholic calendar. Ukrainians played an important role in USSR. Though many of them think about themselves as rather belonging to russians than to ukrainians formally because they speak in russian as their parents and grandparents.

Cuchulainn

June 25th, 2016, 8:45 pm

never mind
Last edited by Cuchulainn on June 24th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chips chips chips Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du Ci bum ci bum bum Du du du du du
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

list1

June 25th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I could not disagree with you but in practice it is not easy to achieve that many use without even thinking about
Last edited by list1 on June 24th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On