Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ppauper

Re: Stop the doggists' madness.

August 1st, 2018, 8:50 pm

It wasn't the dog's lick that comprised his immune system.
would you care to enlighten us?

katastrofa

August 1st, 2018, 10:14 pm

If someone gets sepsis from a dog's saliva, the risk factor was their immune system not the dog. Bacterias are good. They are everywhere and the whole planet would die without them. There's roughly one bacteria per each body cell in our organism, and they are ready to turn against us as soon as our immune system sufficiently weakens. Nom nom :-)

bearish

August 2nd, 2018, 12:39 am

Shouldn't that be one bacterium?

katastrofa

August 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am

Sorry. Damn Latin. I also confuse fish: Non sum pisces - sum est catfish.

Cuchulainn

August 2nd, 2018, 2:30 pm

Sorry. Damn Latin. I also confuse fish: Non sum pisces - sum est catfish.
what about what we learned at school?
Caesar ad sum jam forti, sed Brutus passus sum.

ppauper

August 3rd, 2018, 8:23 am

katastrofa

August 5th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Pari is looking for home in Delhi, India. She recovered from a car accident. She's 6 months old, mix-breed, vaccinated, spayed and toilet trained. Very calm and friendly dog.

AlexEro
Topic Author

August 9th, 2018, 8:35 am

So I said to my dog go fetch my sacred tennis ball signed by John Mcenroe. She went to get it but got distracted, I guess it must have tasted good. By the time she gave it to me the signature had diffused through all the doggy saliva. As we know once something has diffused you can't go backwards to figure whose signature it was because that's a mathematically ill-posed problem. Anyway that's what I told the insurance company.

Wouldn't have happened with a cat.
Are you still a doggist, Paul?
Advocating against doggists' madness on a web-site, owned and operated by a doggist - is a bit .... h-m-m-m... illogical.
Doggism - is a kind of a punishment. It indicates a huge problem in person's life BEFORE he/she is becoming a doggist.
First problem - an arrogance.
Then doggism is slowly ruining family life. Keywords here: "smell" or "scent" (substitution of scent of human attraction between spouses, or mother-child scent of attraction by bad scent of animal in house), as well as "substitution of love by fake "animal love"". Then comes allergia and other skin deseases, etc. etc.
I have seen this a lot in the life of my friends.

bearish

August 9th, 2018, 10:32 am

So I said to my dog go fetch my sacred tennis ball signed by John Mcenroe. She went to get it but got distracted, I guess it must have tasted good. By the time she gave it to me the signature had diffused through all the doggy saliva. As we know once something has diffused you can't go backwards to figure whose signature it was because that's a mathematically ill-posed problem. Anyway that's what I told the insurance company.

Are you still a doggist, Paul?
Advocating against doggists' madness on a web-site, owned and operated by a doggist - is a bit .... h-m-m-m... illogical.
Doggism - is a kind of a punishment. It indicates a huge problem in person's life BEFORE he/she is becoming a doggist.
First problem - an arrogance.
Then doggism is slowly ruining family life. Keywords here: "smell" or "scent" (substitution of scent of human attraction between spouses, or mother-child scent of attraction by bad scent of animal in house), as well as "substitution of love by fake "animal love"". Then comes allergia and other skin deseases, etc. etc.
I have seen this a lot in the life of my friends.
Wait, you have friends?

AlexEro
Topic Author

August 9th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Wait, you have friends?
At that time they were my friends. The story was the same in most those cases: failure with family, then usually divorce, then failure with business too.
The doggism is too expensive, ruining life.

katastrofa

August 9th, 2018, 12:48 pm

[..]
It's not completely ill-posed. You have a chance like ca 1 to 10^(2*10^23), and multiple chances of ending up with something even better: Roger Federer, Caroline Wozniacki, Elvis(?). Anyway, let's hope your insurers don't know statistical mechanics.

BTW, when the cats peed on my sofa, my insurance company paid for a new one.

Cuchulainn

August 9th, 2018, 1:06 pm

BTW, when the cats peed on my sofa, my insurance company paid for a new one.

Cat?

katastrofa

August 9th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Wait, you have friends?
At that time they were my friends. The story was the same in most those cases: failure with family, then usually divorce, then failure with business too.
So you were their friend when they were successful, but when they failed, you turned your back at them and blamed it on their dogs?

Cuchulainn

August 9th, 2018, 1:33 pm

AlexEro
Topic Author

August 9th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Wait, you have friends?
So you were their friend when they were successful, but when they failed, you turned your back at them and blamed it on their dogs?
Nope. Where did you get this BS? They became arrogant because they were highly successful in business (with my little help), therefore I broke business deals with **some of them**. After that while seeing how they later failed with family/business, now I can explain where this problem started from - from doggism and arrogance. Now I just call to them time to time. We are no longer friends.