SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Traden4Alpha

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 1:13 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnI would do an OT Oreo experiment (Walter Mischel) with cookies replaced by OT favs. I am bobbing up and down on a boat with limited connectivity in the Irish Sea, so I can't give youtube link.AlsoAn apple and a pear together cost $1.10The apple costs $1 more than the pear.What does the pear cost?That pear is too cheap! Something is wrong with it!(Just my 5 cents.)

trackstar
Topic Author

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 1:29 am

An essay on the future of the following currencies:GBP, EUR, USD, JPY
Last edited by trackstar on July 6th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traden4Alpha

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 10:54 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarAn essay on the future of the following currencies:GBP, EUR, USD, JPYThey'll be replaced by the Golden Dinar according to ppauper's theory of the superiority of gold over central banks.

Cuchulainn

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 2:43 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnI would do an OT Oreo experiment (Walter Mischel) with cookies replaced by OT favs. I am bobbing up and down on a boat with limited connectivity in the Irish Sea, so I can't give youtube link.AlsoAn apple and a pear together cost $1.10The apple costs $1 more than the pear.What does the pear cost?That pear is too cheap! Something is wrong with it!(Just my 5 cents.)Maybe apple is overpriced?
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Traden4Alpha

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 3:08 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnI would do an OT Oreo experiment (Walter Mischel) with cookies replaced by OT favs. I am bobbing up and down on a boat with limited connectivity in the Irish Sea, so I can't give youtube link.AlsoAn apple and a pear together cost $1.10The apple costs $1 more than the pear.What does the pear cost?That pear is too cheap! Something is wrong with it!(Just my 5 cents.)Maybe apple is overpriced?Is from a post-EU world in which the USD becomes the strongest currency in the world?

Cuchulainn

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 3:26 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: Traden4AlphaQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnI would do an OT Oreo experiment (Walter Mischel) with cookies replaced by OT favs. I am bobbing up and down on a boat with limited connectivity in the Irish Sea, so I can't give youtube link.AlsoAn apple and a pear together cost $1.10The apple costs $1 more than the pear.What does the pear cost?That pear is too cheap! Something is wrong with it!(Just my 5 cents.)Maybe apple is overpriced?Is from a post-EU world in which the USD becomes the strongest currency in the world?The DM is no moreSterling has taken a pounding.The Yen?

ppauper

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 3:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarB) You are given a very substantial amount of money to set up a business, nonprofit/research org, or to spend on yourself.What will you do? Be specific.give it to cactusman to invest, of course

Cuchulainn

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 7:07 pm

QuoteWhat will your first question to the guests be?How did you ever get invited here?

ppauper

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 7:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteWhat will your first question to the guests be?How did you ever get invited here?who wants soup and who wants salad?

Cuchulainn

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 7:16 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: ppauperQuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteWhat will your first question to the guests be?How did you ever get invited here?who wants soup and who wants salad?tell us about your new Broadway play!

trackstar
Topic Author

Wilmott Membership

July 7th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Here is some low background music for the dinner party:Dindi - Rosa PassosDancing In the Dark- Diana KrallImagine the dunes stretching out before you and dusk falling on Nantucket. Now you just have to learn how to move to bossa nova. :)
Last edited by trackstar on July 6th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppauper

Wilmott Membership

July 8th, 2016, 6:42 am

if a bunch of grapes costs ¥1.1M, how much does 1 grape cost

fulmerspot

Wilmott Membership

July 8th, 2016, 7:30 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: trackstarHere is some low background music for the dinner party:Dindi - Rosa PassosDancing In the Dark- Diana KrallImagine the dunes stretching out before you and dusk falling on Nantucket. Now you just have to learn how to move to bossa nova. :)Sounds great - and you have your first pupil for the Bossa Nova lessons. Please let me know where to moor up. I'm on the sloop 'Myfanwy IV' we might be a bit late for dinner.Herr KartoffelKopf

trackstar
Topic Author

Wilmott Membership

July 8th, 2016, 5:36 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: fulmerspotSounds great - and you have your first pupil for the Bossa Nova lessons. Please let me know where to moor up. I'm on the sloop 'Myfanwy IV' we might be a bit late for dinner.Herr KartoffelKopfHaha! Sounds good.Here is another little song to set the mood:Voce Vai Ver - Rosa PassosThis is such nice old style bossa nova - whispery voice and acoustic guitar, a little bit of sax just purring along... :)Enjoy your weekends!

fulmerspot

Re: Wilmott Membership

July 29th, 2016, 12:15 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: fulmerspotSounds great - and you have your first pupil for the Bossa Nova lessons. Please let me know where to moor up. I'm on the sloop 'Myfanwy IV' we might be a bit late for dinner.Herr KartoffelKopfHaha!  Sounds good.Here is another little song to set the mood:Voce Vai Ver - Rosa PassosThis is such nice old style bossa nova - whispery voice and acoustic guitar, a little bit of sax just purring along...  :)Enjoy your weekends!
Hmmm - I never got my membership quiz papers yet I still have access - presumably an oversight.which will be fixed in time.
Off for a little while now to Spain and Portugal leaving the hounds in the tender care of my mother in law. Forecast is 43C in Seville next week so I may be dozing in the shade dreaming wholly non quantitative dreams.
Herr KartoffelKopf with a bucket and spade.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On