SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

tinoob
Topic Author

Quant Coaching London

June 30th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Guys might sound weird question but just want to ask if there is any institute / coaching school in London, who prepares for quant interview's (specifically interview centric course) ThanksP:S I am not talking CQF, MFE's etc

DominicConnor

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 9:47 am

Not to my knowledge, what holes do you feel you need to plug ?

tinoob
Topic Author

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 9:53 am

Thanks Dominic . Actually i am going to start 2nd year of MFE. I believe that for the junior quant roles, i don't need to wait one more year, as the maths and the econometrics we have done is enough for the role of junior quant ( by looking at the interview patterns , questions etc )I am also working full time and have family commitments as well so not able to maintain a study schedule. And that's the reason i was looking at the interview specific course. Also i find it a bit strange as london is so much finance centric and strangely enough there is no specific institute who carters for such a courseAny feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

ashkar

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 3:26 pm

One key skill in quant industry is self-sufficiency. Students with good academic background dont need quant interview coaching. Buy some interview books and prepare yourself instead of paying thousands to someone else to walk you through some interview questions.

DominicConnor

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 3:32 pm

tmoob, I can see your point but there is good and looking like you're good and finising the course helps a lot with looking good.Ashkar's right as well.

tinoob
Topic Author

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 4:03 pm

Ashkar You are right, i just have to properly manage my time and nail it down. Dominic Looking at the junior quant roles / expectations, i wonder if i really need to wait one more year to start applying for junior roles ? Would they consider me for interview , if i mention MFE in progress ?Thanks

DominicConnor

Quant Coaching London

July 1st, 2013, 5:59 pm

As long as you say "currently studying" it is a perfectly valid way of presenting yourself.

ArthurDent

Quant Coaching London

July 2nd, 2013, 2:51 am

another way to exceed expectations is to do a program like CQF and then NOT put it on your resume.this obviously assumes your resume is strong enough to be invited for interviews for good roles...
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On