Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

DominicConnor
Topic Author

Gve us your bloody money

July 31st, 2013, 4:01 pm

Recently my son's mentor, a 6th former soon off to study medicine collapsed and died. Her heart failed on a catastrophic scale and there was nothing anyone could do.Apparently this is "Sudden Death Syndrome", a condition so poorly understood it hasn't even got a proper name. There's a small charity called CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young) who are trying to establish screening programs and identify risk factors and so my 12 year old is soon walking a marathon along the Essex way (yes, that a real place) to raise funds for them.Nothing can be done when this happens, you can do something to help stop it before. Donate hereIf you do donate, know that if you tick the "UK taxpayer" box, the charity gets and extra 23%.
Last edited by DominicConnor on August 1st, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hansi

Gve us your bloody money

July 31st, 2013, 5:20 pm

Link comes up as http://%20http//www.justgiving.com/connorfamily1 if clicked, but easily edited.

ashkar

Gve us your bloody money

August 1st, 2013, 7:33 am

Comes up with error after entering the card details (blaming the IT guys!!!)...will try again later. Best wishes to your son for doing this.

DominicConnor
Topic Author

Gve us your bloody money

August 2nd, 2013, 11:31 am

I've fixed the link, thanks for everyone who has donated so far. Recently my son's mentor, a 6th former soon off to study medicine collapsed and died. Her heart failed on a catastrophic scale and there was nothing anyone could do.Apparently this is "Sudden Death Syndrome", a condition so poorly understood it hasn't even got a proper name. There's a small charity called CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young) who are trying to establish screening programs and identify risk factors and so my 12 year old is soon walking a marathon along the Essex way (yes, that a real place) to raise funds for them.Nothing can be done when this happens, you can do something to help stop it before. Donate hereIf you do donate, know that if you tick the "UK taxpayer" box, the charity gets and extra 23%.
Last edited by DominicConnor on August 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.