SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

Maelo
Topic Author

Love it or leave it: The new Look of Wilmott.com

July 21st, 2003, 9:39 am

Well....Just to annoy FDAHunter (A very difficult task indeed)and on other topics: Do you like the "new look"? I WAS A LITTLE SHOCKED, THEN slowly came to understanding, then appreaciate the new changes and finnaly I really like it (not love it... yet but I might); I specially like to be able to retrieve from the same page some titleas form other forum allowing me to "look around" without leaving moving.Good job.

FDAXHunter

July 21st, 2003, 9:42 am

I rise to the bait, Maelo.....It fucking sucks.... and it's buggy as hell, it keeps showing me "Private Messages" which I read long ago, and it won't clear the new post markers and I get scripting errors.Oh so it's all blue now, big deal... Why fix it if it's not broken.

Mela

July 21st, 2003, 9:43 am

I thought I had gone colour blind...

Beans

July 21st, 2003, 9:59 am

dunno if you tried this already but all i had to do was go and tick my messages as "read". actually reading them has no effect unfortunately....

greghm

July 21st, 2003, 10:37 am

what is kewl is the fact that there are new ticking boxes added to subscribe to this topic: "Do not return me to the thread".

chiral3

July 21st, 2003, 11:50 am

What I liked was the "forum" button at the top of the page (which is no longer there). It took you to wilmott.com/index. It was good because rather thangoing through all of the forums, you could see what was the most recently posted to and choose.

chiral3

July 21st, 2003, 12:08 pm

I can't get rid of my pm messages that are already read.

FDAXHunter

July 21st, 2003, 12:19 pm

Speaking of recent posts: If you visit a thread, it doesn't clear as being read. Fix it.I agree with C3, the forum button is missing. If you are in PM, you can't get back to the forum, unless you go back and press refresh.

Johnny

July 21st, 2003, 12:27 pm

"What I liked was the "forum" button at the top of the page (which is no longer there). It took you to wilmott.com/index. It was good because rather thangoing through all of the forums, you could see what was the most recently posted to and choose. "Yeah ... now you have to press the "home" button instead ... it's waaaayyy less fun than the "forum" button ...

Administrator

July 21st, 2003, 12:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: chiral3I can't get rid of my pm messages that are already read.When you want to mark a pm as read... click on the status box next to the message and that should do the trick.RegardsJames

FDAXHunter

July 21st, 2003, 12:33 pm

James, what if I read a thread?

chiral3

July 21st, 2003, 12:45 pm

QuoteYeah ... now you have to press the "home" button instead ... it's waaaayyy less fun than the "forum" button ...OK, fine. But before the "home" button took you to the home page, not the discussion panels.

FDAXHunter

July 21st, 2003, 12:48 pm

Anyway I think the design is not as good as the previous ones. Why is there a dark grey bar under the picture icons for Online/Offline, Profile and PM?I could have soo done a better job designwise <-- That's called ringing your own bell.

Administrator

July 21st, 2003, 1:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: FDAXHunterJames, what if I read a thread?I know... there is a folder issue and I am working on this and the script error when posting replies.... You said there were more script errors, would you mind sending me them?Public beta testing is not something I subscribe to... we tested all major browsers, platforms and the errors only seem to appear to a few so far... not that that excuses us, but the changes made are part of a bigger picture for the future and we want to make the site more beneficial in the long run and there comes a point where 17,000+ users will find things wrong.RegardsJames

chiral3

July 21st, 2003, 1:02 pm

QuotePublic beta testing is not something I subscribe to... Hey, we are all friends here. Well, most of us. And some of us are reasonably intelligent, so maybe the feedback will be helpful. (I never said that mine would be)So does that mean that the Wilmott crew, under the crack of Paul's whip, didn't sleep much this weekend?
Last edited by chiral3 on July 20th, 2003, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On