SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

DrEvil
Topic Author

Best choice between Fidelity, Merrill, and Schwab?

April 28th, 2004, 5:57 pm

If an individual used to no-advice deep discount brokers must choose only between Fidelity, Merrill Lynch, and Charles Schwab for trading an aggresive portfolio, what experiences/praises/horror stories do Wilmotters have to share?Compared to Interactive Brokers, FOLIOfn, and OANDA, these shops seem to charge immensely higher fees and commisions and provide less of the services important to a quantitative investor. Do one of these offer no-fee+no-load funds with analytics, money management service, or other "nice" services to justify their enormous cost (all of which seem to be in the "highest of high" category)? Which one of these might be the best for a quant who likes international stocks, options, futures, and FI products at the lowest cost?(New thread only because the "off topic" one didn't cover these three in particular).
Last edited by DrEvil on April 28th, 2004, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marine

April 29th, 2004, 7:20 am

I prefer Interactive Brokers. I wouldn't even consider Fidelity, Merrill Lynch, and Charles Schwab.

thefullmoby

April 29th, 2004, 2:00 pm

Last time I checked Fidelity.com had no capacity to trade index futures

apine

April 29th, 2004, 5:10 pm

merrill used to have an "all you can eat" option. you paid 1.5% of the portfolio per annum as a fee to merrill. and then you could trade "commission free." i don't know if they still offer it or whether there is some catch.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On