SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

frenchX
Topic Author

Risk measure when you have very few historical data

September 5th, 2013, 7:47 am

Well in my opinion in the case I have mentionned the risks are :-very high (even unrealistic) customer expectations (I gave you plenty of money and of time so I want my cancer vaccine !!!)-not so motivated team because there is no dead line pressure (oh come on don't be hurry we have 10 years left ...)-cash berserk behaviour (we have plenty of cash so for safety we will buy all our stuffs by ten. We are never cautious enough !)-overconfidence in project success (we have tons of money and so much time that we cannot fail)

Cuchulainn

Risk measure when you have very few historical data

September 5th, 2013, 8:52 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: frenchXWell in my opinion in the case I have mentionned the risks are :-very high (even unrealistic) customer expectations (I gave you plenty of money and of time so I want my cancer vaccine !!!)-not so motivated team because there is no dead line pressure (oh come on don't be hurry we have 10 years left ...)-cash berserk behaviour (we have plenty of cash so for safety we will buy all our stuffs by ten. We are never cautious enough !)-overconfidence in project success (we have tons of money and so much time that we cannot fail)I would love to be in such a project Altho' some pressure is a good thing, what? Customer; these 10 requirements are top priority (including automatic backup fallback in jukebox)Consultant: when must they be finished?Customer: management wants then ASAP...Consultant: what are the top 3?Customer: input data in DB, make reports ...
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 4th, 2013, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On