Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

kimosabe

open-source collab project?

September 30th, 2011, 5:00 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: renormHow about QuantAnalytics, OptionToolkit or QuantToolkit?Good names. I guess that is why they all seem to be taken. FinaLib is nice, FinancialAlex. Hey! Wait. I see what you are doing there. Maybe we should name it after the person that started this thread: AnalQuant. (Sorry, couldn't resist Serp. I'm a horrible person. If you want to see who has moved over to kooderive they should have a list of developers there.)QuantAnalytics seems to be an advisory service, so maybe that would be okay. It looks like QuantNumerics doesn't tickle Mr. Google too much. We can use different names for different layers.QuantMechanics might be too cute, but seems not to be taken. I kind of like it.

SierpinskyJanitor
Topic Author

September 30th, 2011, 5:21 pm

QuoteAnalQuant. (Sorry, couldn't resist Serp. I'm a horrible personis it really "hard" for you, resisting this sort of innuendos? Are those the sort of insults that you immediately verbalize? Might there be something else you might want to share with this forum, besides Fortran code snippets? I don't think you're an horrible person at all, you're just brain dead and I would rather donate my two kidneys for scientific experimentation than collaborating with you on any project whatsoever. BTW, shouldn't be "Cheeemo" instead, I suppose that sort of irrational stupidity can only be the outcome of continuous exposure to intravenous radiation.cheers,Serp

Cuchulainn

September 30th, 2011, 5:32 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: outrunWe really need to solve this who-wants-to-work-with-who first. I don't like Kimo's remark right now. What's the point of doing that? Maybe people think that silense means that one agrees with the stance, hence my need to post this.So, ... We have set constraint satisfiability problem to solve first!Take a vote. Based on current behaviour it's not looking good...Same old story.

kimosabe

September 30th, 2011, 5:51 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: SierpinskyJanitorQuoteAnalQuant. (Sorry, couldn't resist Serp. I'm a horrible personis it really "hard" for you, resisting this sort of innuendos? Are those the sort of insults that you immediately verbalize? Might there be something else you might want to share with this forum, besides Fortran code snippets? Deal. I'm sure some people got a chuckle out of it. You have been behaving rather odd lately.So are you in or are you out? I thought you took yourself out. I don't have a problem with you changing your mind and come crawling back, as long as Mr. Janitor cleans up his act. (I crack myself up sometimes.)Have you read semanticum's excellent qFin Summary? He cites 6 open source projects I wrote where you are welcome to browse the source or download, compile, and run them on your computer. Another project that might be worth a look is xllpwflat. Sorry, but you won't find a line of Fortran in there.Um, where's ur war3z, d00d? Seems you've been too busy ranting to produce anything useful. All you seem to do is complain.BTW is is spelled 'chemo' and my sister-in-law is going through treatment right now. I hope you are proud of yourself Serp.

kimosabe

September 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: outrunWe really need to solve this who-wants-to-work-with-who first. I don't like Kimo's remark right now. What's the point of doing that? Maybe people think that silense means that one agrees with the stance, hence my need to post this.So, ... We have set constraint satisfiability problem to solve first!Take a vote. Based on current behaviour it's not looking good...Same old story.And here I thought you might be a good candidate for the project leader. The last thing we need are people with thin skins. How about we vote based on qualifications and the amount of code a person can bring to the project. That seems a little more sensible to me.

renorm

September 30th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Let's not get personal. It is an open forum, not a peer reviewed journal. Everyone can post whatever they think as long as it isn't against forum rules. Personal attacks are against the rules.I think we need to shape-up. This thread should die. I am going to start new thread. If you are serious about this project post in my new thread. Everyone else refrain from posting here. Thank you.
Last edited by renorm on September 29th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

September 30th, 2011, 6:48 pm

QuoteAnd here I thought you might be a good candidate for the project leader. The last thing we need are people with thin skins. I have many years of experience of project and people, indeed. But you are unique and impossible to work with. When you insult project members it's finito in my book.So, I am out.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 29th, 2011, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveangel

October 1st, 2011, 7:05 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteAnd here I thought you might be a good candidate for the project leader. The last thing we need are people with thin skins. I have many years of experience of project and people, indeed. But you are unique and impossible to work with. When you insult project members it's finito in my book.So, I am out.seems like there isn;t going to be much collaboration ...
knowledge comes, wisdom lingers