Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Source Code

March 14th, 2012, 4:17 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: SierpinskyJanitorDr. Cuch, 2 blank posts + a copypaster - r u OK? Shall we call an ambulance?Just been talking continuously since 9 this morning, it does something to the neurons

tomodachi

Source Code

March 14th, 2012, 11:49 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: SierpinskyJanitorDr. Cuch, 2 blank posts + a copypaster - r u OK? Shall we call an ambulance?I am coming into this late in the game, but I just wanted to give you some honest feedback Mr. SierpinskyJanitor. It was good on you to suggest this project. It seems like something that can grow into a mean and lean QuantLib. Do not underestimate how much hard work went into that. Maybe you even contributed to the impetus behind the new version they are working on.Dr. Cuch has been contributing software that can be downloaded and compiled and I have been learning a lot from looking at what he has made available. I have included your vc9 project in the zip file I posted and would be happy to do as Dr. Cuch suggested by adding it to the repository Mr. outrun has set up. Let's just help each other contribute to QFCL. This sort of mocking seems inappropriate in this forum. The welcome message that was the first thing I read when joining admonishes against trolling. I don't think you are a troll, and don't understand why you think you are an outcast. Whatever. Keep contributing good stuff that helps other people that want to participate in this project.

SierpinskyJanitor

Source Code

March 15th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I guess its pretty obvious from these last few posts who the "outcaster" was. What is not as clear is under what circumstances that particular fascist episode of blatant censorship happened, considering the fact the "outcasted" is currently working towards his 5th role in IBs whereas the "outcaster" trades in retro clothing....

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Source Code

March 15th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Actually, I found Serp's remark very funny and no offence taken.

SierpinskyJanitor

Source Code

March 15th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Cheers Dr. Cuch,that´s only because, unlike others, you are a true gentleman indeed,best regards,Serp

SierpinskyJanitor

Source Code

March 15th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Cheers Outrun, all good.best regards,Serp

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Source Code

March 24th, 2012, 4:03 pm

QuoteWhat is the purpose of the signals and slots? If we can get rid of these then we won't need boost at all, it seems. The ublas vectors can be replaced by std::vector and all the random number generator stuff seems to be the same as in <random>, unless I'm missing something. Boost is great, but it is a big dependency. Why not see how far we can get without it?Signals and slots implement plugs and sockets (requires/provides interfaces). We can live without them, but then we are back to OOP/GP. We need all 3.std vector is not suitable for maths; after all, it is just a container.Boost has bunches of libraries, so why not use them. edit: regarding Signals: they seem to be a good way to support reporting and statistics gathering for MC computations, for example.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on March 24th, 2012, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn
Topic Author

Source Code

March 25th, 2012, 4:41 pm

A simple example of inserting an object in a signals-based Observer pattern.