SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

bearish

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

June 29th, 2018, 11:31 pm

President, and Candidate, Trump promised so many things to so many people, I’ve been finding it difficult to keep track...
You're trying to portray the president as a typical politician
The reality of course is that president trump kept it simple because he wasn't financed by special interests
I am not trying to portray anything or anyone...  I am simply making a factual statement.
As to what reality is, I guess you must be the expert to know with such certainty what actually took place.  I am in awe of your conviction.
His conviction to knowledge ratio is indeed off the charts!

ppauper

June 30th, 2018, 12:09 am

President, and Candidate, Trump promised so many things to so many people, I’ve been finding it difficult to keep track...
The reality of course is that president trump kept it simple because he wasn't financed by special interests
I am not trying to portray anything or anyone...  I am simply making a factual statement.
And I'm saying you're mischaracterizing the facts.
I'm calling you on this.
You alleged, "Trump promised so many things to so many people, I’ve been finding it difficult to keep track..."
What do you mean by "so many things to so many people"? Quantify it.
You use the term "so many" so you obviously have a large number in mind. Is that number 10 or 100?
Did he promise 10 things to 20 people? Or 6 things to 2 people?
You need to be more precise.
And even someone as forgetful as yourself can't have failed to notice that during the election there were Make America Great Again placards just about everywhere
And since President Trump took office, he has done precisely that, started to make America great again

bearish

June 30th, 2018, 1:30 am

There is an interesting discussion going on tonight as to whether a president under criminal investigation should be able to nominate a supreme court justice. Futile, undoubtedly, but still the argument has merit. Along the same lines as to whether he can pardon himself for his many crimes...

ppauper

June 30th, 2018, 5:32 am

if things go according to schedule, the new supreme court nominee will be announced a week monday, july 9
During the election, President Trump put out  a list of potential nominees so that voters would have an idea whom he might nominate. President Trump has winnowed that list down to a shortlist of 5, reportedly 3 men and 2 women for those who care about such things.
Reportedly, there is no litmus test for the nominee.
Most of the people on the long list are appeals court judges who were confirmed by the senate

ppauper

June 30th, 2018, 6:11 am

There is an interesting discussion going on tonight as to whether a president under criminal investigation should be able to nominate a supreme court justice. Futile, undoubtedly, but still the argument has merit. Along the same lines as to whether he can pardon himself for his many crimes...
the only discussion is inside your head. No doubt you're hoping for another benefit from the "Russian collusion" which your side invented.
So what's the plan, stall in the hope you take back the Senate?

For what it's worth, BJ Clinton appointed two justices (RBG 1993 and Breyer in 1994) at a time when both he and hillary were under investigation for their role in the Whitewater scandal, which the feds were investigating because a federal Savings and Loan (Madison Guaranty Savings and Loan) went bust, costing the US taxpayer $73M
The Constitution is unambiguous.
[The President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

tagoma

June 30th, 2018, 1:48 pm

After doing alright for agriculture, President Trump has shift commdity focus towards oil.
#MOGA #MakeOPECGreatAgain

Martinghoul

June 30th, 2018, 4:51 pm

After doing alright for agriculture, President Trump has shift commdity focus towards oil.

Tremendous spelling, too!  Bigly yuge command of the English language on display right there!

Martinghoul

June 30th, 2018, 5:31 pm

And I'm saying you're mischaracterizing the facts.
I'm calling you on this.
You alleged, "Trump promised so many things to so many people, I’ve been finding it difficult to keep track..."
What do you mean by "so many things to so many people"? Quantify it.
You use the term "so many" so you obviously have a large number in mind. Is that number 10 or 100?
Did he promise 10 things to 20 people? Or 6 things to 2 people?
You need to be more precise.
And even someone as forgetful as yourself can't have failed to notice that during the election there were Make America Great Again placards just about everywhere
And since President Trump took office, he has done precisely that, started to make America great again
Now you’re being intentionally silly, which, for someone with such a firm grasp of reality, is rather disappointing.  It doesn’t bode well for this discussion.

If you want an example of a single promise made to many people, here’s an amusing one for you:
At a campaign rally in Ashburn, VA in August 2016, in front of 800 people present, The Bigly Don uttered the following:
"I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to play golf."

If you are after a total, I have seen multiple tallies, but 174 sounds about right.
Last edited by Martinghoul on June 30th, 2018, 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ppauper

June 30th, 2018, 5:35 pm

maybe the US should organize a diversity concert like they have in Norway.
That guy must be about the only brown person that Norway ever let in.
To be fair, Hillary has said worse. The Norwegian guy only said "fucking Jews." Hillary once called her husband's then campaign manager (who was one-eighth jewish) a "fucking Jew bastard"

ISayMoo

June 30th, 2018, 6:37 pm

It's nice that there is some kind of racism that troubles you, ppauper.

Cuchulainn

June 30th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Tremendous spelling, too!  Bigly yuge command of the English language on display right there!
It's registered in the Grammar thread.
dysfunctional
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Every Time We Teach a Child Something, We Keep Him from Inventing It Himself
Jean Piaget

tagoma

June 30th, 2018, 8:59 pm

dysfunctional
On top of the terrible spelling mistakes, and the stylish use of commas, notice President Trump messes with the oil barrel unit. 2Mb are unlikely to soften world oil prices, while a 2Mbd increase in Saudi oil production does offset the combined loss of Iran and Venezuela.    

tagoma

July 1st, 2018, 4:30 pm

dysfunctional
On top of the terrible spelling mistakes, and the stylish use of commas, notice President Trump messes with the oil barrel unit. 2Mb are unlikely to soften world oil prices, while a 2Mbd increase in Saudi oil production does offset the combined loss of Iran and Venezuela.    
Messing again with oil quantity unit. Seems to confirms President Trump as only a rough idea of the actual oil situation. 

Martinghoul

July 1st, 2018, 7:07 pm

dysfunctional
Messing again with oil quantity unit. Seems to confirms President Trump as only a rough idea of the actual oil situation. 

To paraphrase the great man himself: “Nobody knew the world’s energy markets could be so complicated.”

tagoma

July 1st, 2018, 8:30 pm

Scott Pruitt enlisted an EPA aide to help his wife find a job — with Chick-fil-A

Pruitt deserves his own sub-thread in the 100 last days of Trump topic, don't you think?
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On