Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

tw

Re: What is Borisism?

February 14th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Borisism is also about firing anyone who's not a boot-licker, it seems.
This makes Blair and Brown seem like a harmonious relationship.

My "spad" has told me you have to fire all your "spads" otherwise he feels threatened. Sorry.

Cuchulainn

February 14th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Borisism is also about firing anyone who's not a boot-licker, it seems.
And it proves he doesn't give a damn about NI. Which most of us already knew, but someone should tell Arlene Foster and co.

Paul
Topic Author

February 14th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Some people are just never happy!

I guess it's no different from winning the lottery. For a few weeks you are ecstatic (no anti-semitic Marxist terrorist groupies), then you go back to being miserable! More self awareness please, gentlemen!

Cuchulainn

February 14th, 2020, 8:32 pm

It's a game.

ISayMoo

February 15th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Some people are just never happy!

I guess it's no different from winning the lottery. For a few weeks you are ecstatic (no anti-semitic Marxist terrorist groupies), then you go back to being miserable! More self awareness please, gentlemen!
Miserable? No. Feeling a bit cynical about all this? Hell yeah.

Cuchulainn

February 15th, 2020, 8:50 pm

bearish

February 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm

This may be less of a Borisism than an outgrowth of the Cummings regime, but Andrew Sabisky does seem like a splash of color. White color, but still.... 

Cuchulainn

February 17th, 2020, 9:28 am

This may be less of a Borisism than an outgrowth of the Cummings regime, but Andrew Sabisky does seem like a splash of color. White color, but still.... 
One of the risks of hiring contractors. He sounds like a precocious upstart, what?

In fairness, he has a talent for boring those poor students no end. Just look at the body language.. And saying you want to impregnate your wife in a lecture shows lack of breeding..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpi2nKbPZnQ

He doesn't have a clue; who hired him?

Paul
Topic Author

February 17th, 2020, 10:39 am

I would have opened with a few dumb blonde gags.

ISayMoo

February 17th, 2020, 10:48 am

It looks like Cummings is running a jobs program for his unemployed alt-right pals.

Cuchulainn

February 17th, 2020, 2:53 pm

I would have opened with a few dumb blonde gags.
Surely, not Boris?

I always start with "Can you hear me, anyone home" just kidding.

katastrofa

February 17th, 2020, 4:37 pm

"As for race and IQ, I can only excuse the journalists here on the grounds of laziness, since the facts are perfectly clear to anyone who has researched the issue for more than 5 minutes (which I do appreciate is an awfully long time). ..."
He certainly didn't spend much time researching the (historically-loaded) subject of the correlation between IQ and race, not to mention the race vs genetics problem. And digging out the eugenics - the hauly grail of statistics! Seriously, what we know best about correlations in soft sciences is that anybody making firmly conclusive statements based on them is either stupid or has some agenda. This one looks to me like an embarrassingly stupid man.

Paul
Topic Author

February 17th, 2020, 5:36 pm

You guys! If Pavlov were around today he wouldn’t need dogs!

Cuchulainn

February 17th, 2020, 6:01 pm

"As for race and IQ, I can only excuse the journalists here on the grounds of laziness, since the facts are perfectly clear to anyone who has researched the issue for more than 5 minutes (which I do appreciate is an awfully long time). ..."
He certainly didn't spend much time researching the (historically-loaded) subject of the correlation between IQ and race, not to mention the race vs genetics problem. And digging out the eugenics - the hauly grail of statistics! Seriously, what we know best about correlations in soft sciences is that anybody making firmly conclusive statements based on them is either stupid or has some agenda. This one looks to me like an embarrassingly stupid man.
27, MA in Education from Cambridge..
Welcome to the 21st Century!

tw

February 17th, 2020, 6:17 pm

27, MA in Education from Cambridge..
Welcome to the 21st Century!
So this is the superforecaster elite?

I wonder how Cummings won the bidding war with silicon valley?