Paul
Topic Author

Re: What is Borisism?

February 17th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Does it come with C++ code?!

ISayMoo

February 17th, 2020, 10:32 pm

Don't worry; there's lost more where he came from.

A weirdo for sure, but a misfit?
He fits very well into a certain London university.

Paul
Topic Author

February 17th, 2020, 10:36 pm

The guy has a Russky name. Are they taking the mickey? Hiding in plain sight. These people are soooooo evil.

ISayMoo

February 17th, 2020, 11:16 pm

This free movement! Can't we train our own racists? Do we have to import cheap racists from Eastern Europe?

Paul
Topic Author

February 17th, 2020, 11:27 pm

It will be part of the points system. We’ll bring in middle-class racists from Mexico, Argentina, Japan, China,.... Maybe not China.

bearish

February 17th, 2020, 11:46 pm

Negative points for Corona, unless it's from Mexico!

Cuchulainn

February 18th, 2020, 12:02 am

This free movement! Can't we train our own racists? Do we have to import cheap racists from Eastern Europe?
Only if they have names you can pronounce!
Step over the gap, not into it. Watch the space between platform and train.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com
http://www.datasim.nl

Paul
Topic Author

February 18th, 2020, 12:04 am

Aaand his twitter account has gone. Have you all got the bubbly ready for the suicide? I bet you can’t wait.

katastrofa

February 18th, 2020, 12:24 am

Are you seriously implying that anyone here wishes another person to die?? It's making me feel nauseous. The guy needs to grow up and come to terms with his underachiever complex (just like every man). Good luck to him, but by the time he should shut up for the mutual good.

Paul
Topic Author

February 18th, 2020, 12:32 am

Of course I’m not! Just being topical. But there are plenty of people who would celebrate.

I just don’t like bullying, mobs, hysteria. And celery, while I’m at it.

There’s someone not a million miles from this thread who once posted something that could possibly have been career destroying. He/she/zhe/they/it saw sense and deleted it. They wouldn’t have wanted this brought up at some time in the future.

I took a screenshot of it though. Just in case.

No, I didn’t!!! That would be nasty.

(Yes, I did!)

katastrofa

February 18th, 2020, 1:32 am

Out of curiosity, does what I wrote (except for the BDSM part) qualify as bullying/hysteria/celeriac? btw, root or stalks?

Paul
Topic Author

February 18th, 2020, 3:56 am

Everyone here is fine. A bit too much groupthink for my liking but not the worst I’ve seen.

It’s the bit you get in plastic bags. I’ve never seen it in the wild. In my trips To China I used to try to find the most disgusting things to eat. I discovered that the thought of what I was eating never bothered me. It was only if things were gristly that I had to force myself. And drink. Who would think that a warm drink made from sweetcorn would be offensive to my palate? So strange drinks and celery, those I struggle with! Oh, and then there was that deer antler tea in Seoul. That was not easy, but apparently gave a gentleman special powers.

ISayMoo

February 18th, 2020, 8:48 am

Everyone here is fine. A bit too much groupthink for my liking but not the worst I’ve seen.
Sometimes people agree on a thing (that eugenics is a morally repugnant pseudo-science and the UK government should not be advised by people advocating it) because it's true... note that even Johnson's cabinet ministers refused to work with this guy.
Johnson was elected on a promise to "Get Brexit Done" and focus on people's priorities. Cummings is drawing him away from that, towards nasty culture wars, which may be Johnson's undoing. Boris may think he's being smart by using Cummings as a patsy to disclaim responsibility for proposals which turn out to be unpopular, but in the end it will stick to him. He could ask May and Corbyn about who ultimately gets blamed for the antics of special advisors.

Oh, and then there was that deer antler tea in Seoul. That was not easy, but apparently gave a gentleman special powers.
Did it work?

Paul
Topic Author

February 18th, 2020, 10:57 am

I’m married. When would I get a chance to test it?!

tw

February 18th, 2020, 11:24 am

I’m married. When would I get a chance to test it?!
Thoroughness in statistics it essential.
When ordering oysters by the dozen, one has to test if the twelfth one worked or not.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On