I have been away from Wilmott for close to 4 years and I see nothing has changed !
This is more of a topic for the OT, but let's provide some highlights that have direct relevance to the current state of affairs around here:
1) Indeed ppauper is AWOL and has been for a few months. Will he return? Unknown. Also absent: outrun, CrashedMint, frolloos, numbersix, and many others. Greener pastures? Time-consuming pursuit of hotties? Marriage and family?! Intergalactic travel? Unclear...
2) I have also been taking an extended break. My only posts since May 7 have been the
July 5th "airports of 1776" commentaries on "Trump - the last 100 Days." That was too good not to share!
But more importantly, 4 years ago (circa your departure):
3) Donald Trump was not President.
4) The Brexit vote had not happened.
5) Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning had not yet taken over the world. (Here and elsewhere.)
6) The stock market had not shrugged off bad news repeatedly, reaching new and unfathomable highs. Next time it will be different... Or?
7) When the next Crash does come, there may be a Renaissance here on the Forum.
Signing off and back into the silence for now.
Nice to see you though and hope all is well in Pax Brexitania!
I will set out the Lady Carlyle bone china in your honor tomorrow.
* edited because I misspelled frolloos. Apologies to him, it’s been awhile since I saw that name in print. : )