Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

MarkBrezina
Topic Author

University degree statistics

May 2nd, 2019, 1:39 am

Dear everyone, especially students looking for Degrees.

I've been searching all through Wilmott student forum and career forum, as well as on QuantNET for the following.
Which are the most likely degrees to be mentioned all around, what are the most likely universities to be mentioned all around and what are the most likely combinations of these.
Attachments
Skærmbillede (78).png

MarkBrezina
Topic Author

Re: University degree statistics

May 2nd, 2019, 1:41 am

I have a large amount of statistics lying around if anyone wants to know correlations on universities mentioned and degrees mentioned throughout Quantnet and Wilmott student and career forums.

Cuchulainn

May 2nd, 2019, 3:41 pm

I think you might need to define 'student'; it may not mean what you think it means.
People on Wilmott on Students and Careers; they tend to different from 'real' students on QN.

A Venn diagram might be useful.

BTW What's the added value of this data? What can be done with it?

MarkBrezina
Topic Author

May 2nd, 2019, 5:34 pm

I agree, these data had to be dealt with under entirely ridiculous presumptions, such as "students" are just the equal of "newbie" or "not yet fully quant".

Venn diagrams and a lot of other diagrams for better visual understanding will be added on as I start dealing with the vast amount of data.

The goal is to find trends, understandings and possibilities for development throughout. My article in the general forum will be developed further from this.

Cuchulainn

May 2nd, 2019, 8:04 pm

Use AI? Or something more sophisticated?

S Curves are very useful. Question like "why GATECH gets many hits these days?"

MarkBrezina
Topic Author

May 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm

I agree, but I sadly don't yet have the programming skills to do that. I will later do a lot of curve fitting and data crunching one I have absorbed the COLOSSAL amount of data available