SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

SWilson
Topic Author

Docker/Containers

February 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm

Has anyone been building their apps using Docker for their heavy computational processes?  Or in general, has anyone been creating micro-services in containers for their programs for speed and scale?  

finanzmaster

Re: Docker/Containers

February 10th, 2019, 2:01 pm

I am currently playing with docker. The business logic is based on the Monte-Carlo simulation.
And yes, my goal is to create a scalable (micro)service architecture. Since Monte-Carlo can be run in parallel, all I have to do is to put my container in Kubernetes and let it manage the balancing (at least I hope so).

SWilson
Topic Author

February 11th, 2019, 2:51 pm

I am currently playing with docker. The business logic is based on the Monte-Carlo simulation.
And yes, my goal is to create a scalable (micro)service architecture. Since Monte-Carlo can be run in parallel, all I have to do is to put my container in Kubernetes and let it manage the balancing (at least I hope so).
Sounds like we're doing something very similar.  Do you mind me asking if you're using a cloud service?  Azure/AWS?

finanzmaster

February 12th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Azure. But it shall not matter which cloud (or bare metall) solution one uses. At least, in theory :)

rrtucci

February 19th, 2019, 6:05 am

Bayesforge is available on the Amazon and Tencent clouds
www.bayesforge.com
https://market.cloud.tencent.com/products/8513#
We also have a Discourse forum at
http://discourse.bayesforge.com
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On