SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

player
Topic Author

recording

January 9th, 2008, 10:28 am

I'm listening to an mp3 file from the web. However I cant store it on my machine since it is on a website. However I want to listen to this on my MP3 file. Does anyone know how it can be done? eg is there some way of recording the sounds played on my soundcard and if so how do i do it?

terrorbyte

recording

January 9th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Player,If you use WinAmp, there is an add on called "Stream Ripper". It will simply rip the music to an MP3 file. I think that would be the easiest way.Good luck Terror

farmer

recording

January 9th, 2008, 12:28 pm

First look for it in your temporary internet files, and the secret directory Content.IE5.The next easiest, but imperfect solution, is to get "Virtual Audio Cable" off some torrent. Then you set one end of the cable as your speakers, and another end as the mic from your recording application. The imperfect aspect is that it is decompressed and recompressed.It is also possible you could use VideoLan ("VLC") to play it from the web address and dump it to a file.Or, you could just search for it on Limewire like a normal person.

dirtydroog

recording

January 9th, 2008, 6:04 pm

If it's on a website it has a URL. View the HTML source of the page it's on and work out the direct link. Download that. If it's a podcast look at the XML file and get the direct link from there.
Last edited by dirtydroog on January 8th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On