SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

mit
Topic Author

energy trading

February 5th, 2008, 4:55 am

wanna learn about all the facts about energy products and markets, not to derivatives pricing yet, any source?i see a book named "oil trading manual" trading at extremely high vol

player

energy trading

February 5th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Im more interested in who that picture is of?

lrt1980

energy trading

February 11th, 2008, 2:25 am

hehe. But on the point, there is a book by Eydeland and Wolyniec entitled, `Energy and Power Risk management: New developments in modeling, Pricing and Hedging' that is quite good, though it does obviously discuss the modelling aspect rather than just the set up of the market/s. Another source is a workshop that was run here in Australia on Electricity Supply and Pricing last year. A link to all talks can be found at http://www.amsi.org.au/Electricity.phpThe book by Clewlow and Strickland entitled, `Energy Derivatives: Pricing and Risk management' is a useful read too.

WilmottBookshop

energy trading

February 11th, 2008, 8:35 am

These titles are available from the Wilmott Bookshop.Energy and Power Risk Management: New Developments in Modeling, Pricing and Hedging and Energy Derivatives: Pricing and Risk Management

Chee

energy trading

February 14th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Hi,I am interested in 'Energy Derivatives, Pricing and Risk Management'.Please let me know if anyone knows how I can get a copy (or willing to part with theirs). It's not available in Amazon or Barnes & Noble.Thanks.

lrt1980

energy trading

February 26th, 2008, 12:27 am

Another one I've looked at is ,Energy risk management : hedging strategies and instruments for the international energy markets by Peter C. Fusaro.Gives some good intro about the different markets and tools for pricing.

WilmottBookshop

energy trading

February 26th, 2008, 8:14 am

Energy Risk Management: Hedging Strategies and Instruments for the International Energy Markets is available from the Wilmott bookshop.

jfuqua

energy trading

January 30th, 2009, 6:46 pm

A book people might look at for analysis of what energy products [and derivatives and their own education] and implications for enviornmental effects is William Tucker's "Terrestrial Energy." He gives a very logical analysis of the costs/benefits, pro/con and real world analysis [e.g. land needed for windmill, photovoltatic cells, biofuels] of each of the proposed energy sources.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On