Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

BullBear
Topic Author

financial modeling - fabozzi series books

April 3rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

Does anyone knows the following books:Financial Modeling of the Equity Market: From CAPM to Cointegration (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)Financial Econometrics: From Basics to Advanced Modeling Techniques (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)The Mathematics of Financial Modeling and Investment Management (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)What do you think about these books. If you had to buy one, which one would you buy and why?Thanks

quantmeh

April 4th, 2008, 2:00 am

i wouldnt buy any.

unkpath

April 4th, 2008, 2:49 am

hello, I am more a fixed income guy, but I believe that number 1 is actually really quite good. number two is also quite good. number three, forget it, that's no good. as to the question which one to buy. don't buy any of them. QuoteOriginally posted by: BullBearDoes anyone knows the following books:Financial Modeling of the Equity Market: From CAPM to Cointegration (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)Financial Econometrics: From Basics to Advanced Modeling Techniques (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)The Mathematics of Financial Modeling and Investment Management (Frank J. Fabozzi Series)What do you think about these books. If you had to buy one, which one would you buy and why?Thanks

BullBear
Topic Author

April 4th, 2008, 1:20 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: unkpathhello, I am more a fixed income guy, but I believe that number 1 is actually really quite good. number two is also quite good. number three, forget it, that's no good. as to the question which one to buy. don't buy any of them. What book would you recommend for applied financial econometrics then? (I've only seen the table of contents. Number 1 and # 2 look really nice, but maybe there are better books.Not for stochastics of course, but for advanced applied financial econometrics.thanks

J

April 4th, 2008, 1:45 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: jawabeani wouldnt buy any.agree

ppauper

April 5th, 2008, 12:57 pm

unkpath is correct of course.while frank fabozzi's books are of course not really intended for quants, he does what he does very well

yoshimura1

April 5th, 2008, 1:17 pm

dont buy any. buy fumio hayashi