Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

ntruwant
Topic Author

Quantitative Risk Management:Concepts, Techniques, and Tools (Alexander J. McNeil, Rüdiger Frey, & Paul Embrechts)

December 14th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Hihas anyone read this book: is it good?

FaridMoussaoui

Quantitative Risk Management:Concepts, Techniques, and Tools (Alexander J. McNeil, Rüdiger Frey, & Paul Embrechts)

December 15th, 2008, 8:01 am

Hi, The best book ever written on QRM. It has a rigourous coverage of RM (mathematics oriented).It is also supplied with S-plus (and so also R) software to reproduce the resultsin the book. This software is downloadable from Mc Neil web page.F.
Last edited by FaridMoussaoui on December 14th, 2008, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WilmottBookshop

December 15th, 2008, 8:11 am

Quantitative Risk Management: Concepts, Techniques and Tools by Alexander J. McNeil, Rudiger Frey and Paul Embrechts

C3I2

December 15th, 2008, 3:03 pm

I cant say I read it. I bought it and looked up parts of it, when I needed to do calculations. Its really mathematically dense in parts, and that is due to the authors background obviously; but if you think maths make things clearer always then it is not a problem for you.That said, despite it being, about 3 years old now, it looks ok; the parts I used seem to go into high detail; so for somebody like me with a business/finance background you use it as a reference only; but for a more math oriented background you might actually be able to read it trough.