Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

Rafa107
Topic Author

Books for beginners of trading

December 18th, 2010, 6:51 am

Hi, I am a beginner of trading with a good statistics background and wanna devote my career as a quant trader. Is there any recommendation for some good quant trading books?I am looking at a few books on amazon as they have pretty high rating from customers:"Strategic Stock Trading: Master Personal Finance Using Wallstreetwindow Stock Investing Strategies With Stock Market Technical Analysis" by Michael Swanson"Elliott Wave Principle: Key To Market Behavior" by A.J. Frost"Fibonacci Trading: How to Master the Time and Price Advantage" by Carolyn Boroden"Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)" by John J. Murphy"High Probability trading" by Marcel Link Are they good books?

tags

December 19th, 2010, 3:13 pm

no offence intended, but are you sure to understand well what trading, quantitative analysis, technical analysis, statistics and finance are ? there are very different from each other.
Last edited by tags on December 18th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tags

December 19th, 2010, 3:23 pm

as regards quantitative finance, i would recommend the following authors (i am sorry i am not original at all) :paul wilmottjc hullcarol alexanderand, daniel duffy, bernt arne odegaard and mark joshi for very valuable insights in c++ programming
Last edited by tags on December 25th, 2010, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.