SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

RaspberryPhi
Topic Author

Pricing with collateral, Fujii, Shimada, Takahashi (2009)

June 12th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Hi everyoneI'm currently looking at the papers by Fujii, Shimada, Takahashi, (2009,2010,2011). They consider a framework of full collateralization and assumes a collateral account V(t) following the stochastic process[$]dV(s)=(r^{d}(s)-c^{d}(s))V(s)ds+a(s)dh(s)[$]where h(s) is the time s value of the derivative with cashflow h(T) at maturity T, and a(s) is the number of positions in the derivate at time s.In their article "A Note on Construction of Multiple Swap Curves with and without Collateral" they integrate the process to get the general solution:[$]V(T)=e^{\int_{t}^{T}(r^{d}(u)-c^{d}(u))du}V(t)+\int_{t}^{T}e^{\int_{s}^{T}(r^{d}(u)-c^{d}(u))du}a(s)dh(s)[$]I have been trying to integrate the process to arrive at the solution, but I am not able to. The process looks a little like an Ohrnstein-Uhlenbeck process. It has been annoying me for a while now, and I hope someone in here is able to help. Thanks for your time.

QuantOption

June 15th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Let y(s)=r(s)-c(s), use the standard approach as when you solve OU process, but use integrating factor exp(int_s^T y(u)du), instead of the usual exp(-y(s)s)

RaspberryPhi
Topic Author

June 16th, 2015, 10:44 am

Thanks a lot QuantOption.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...

GZIP: On