Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

roundandround
Topic Author

Good books on intra-day trading

February 9th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Please list out some books that you read that helped you understand and/or trade intra-day better. Books don't necessarily have to be ones that deal with quant modeling.

AnalyticalVega

February 10th, 2016, 2:23 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundPlease list out some books that you read that helped you understand and/or trade intra-day better. Books don't necessarily have to be ones that deal with quant modeling. the psychology/theory part. Skip all the technical indicator stuff.
Last edited by AnalyticalVega on February 9th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roundandround
Topic Author

February 11th, 2016, 7:33 am

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundPlease list out some books that you read that helped you understand and/or trade intra-day better. Books don't necessarily have to be ones that deal with quant modeling. the psychology/theory part. Skip all the technical indicator stuff.Interesting, thanks. Although I am slightly conflicted on the use of tao/zen like principles that the author proposes, while playing a zero sum game that trading inherently is. Just curious - how prevalent is the use of 'Technical Analysis' in the quant circles, for intra-day or otherwise? With firms getting more open to using Machine Learning I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to pull out information from the charts using image processing techniques.

AnalyticalVega

February 11th, 2016, 5:09 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundPlease list out some books that you read that helped you understand and/or trade intra-day better. Books don't necessarily have to be ones that deal with quant modeling. the psychology/theory part. Skip all the technical indicator stuff.Interesting, thanks. Although I am slightly conflicted on the use of tao/zen like principles that the author proposes, while playing a zero sum game that trading inherently is. Just curious - how prevalent is the use of 'Technical Analysis' in the quant circles, for intra-day or otherwise? With firms getting more open to using Machine Learning I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to pull out information from the charts using image processing techniques.Tao principles are necessary for keeping the proper emotional mindset when trading. As far as technical indicators you are correct. I myself have done some work with parameterized technical indicators that are continually constructed/updated using a machine learning/evolutionary algorithm. I believe great profit potential may be possible with this method. Still researching...

mit

February 14th, 2016, 11:06 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaQuoteOriginally posted by: roundandroundPlease list out some books that you read that helped you understand and/or trade intra-day better. Books don't necessarily have to be ones that deal with quant modeling. the psychology/theory part. Skip all the technical indicator stuff.Interesting, thanks. Although I am slightly conflicted on the use of tao/zen like principles that the author proposes, while playing a zero sum game that trading inherently is. Just curious - how prevalent is the use of 'Technical Analysis' in the quant circles, for intra-day or otherwise? With firms getting more open to using Machine Learning I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to pull out information from the charts using image processing techniques.Tao principles are necessary for keeping the proper emotional mindset when trading. As far as technical indicators you are correct. I myself have done some work with parameterized technical indicators that are continually constructed/updated using a machine learning/evolutionary algorithm. I believe great profit potential may be possible with this method. Still researching...Sounds like an interesting idea