Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

Unified Revolution

February 12th, 2016, 5:17 am

Unified Revolution: New Fundamental Physics I couldn't find the old thread.I was wondering what people thought of the book? Is it worth the money? What are the best chapters? Any good takeaways?
Last edited by AnalyticalVega on February 11th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collector

Unified Revolution

February 12th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Best chapters (the essence) are 5 to 21 (for people knowing a little math). Well not so happy with chapter 16 on experiments, it could have been much longer to describe several classes of experiments that I not had thought about back then. Will put out some papers on new classes of experiments (likely just post them to be downloaded from my webpage) this year. I can promise you excellent takeaways if you ever visit the publishers head quarter just outside Oslo, the warehouse with the big granite statues on the outside (some of them illustrates math and geometry important for the derivations.). by appointment only.
Last edited by Collector on February 11th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

Unified Revolution

February 12th, 2016, 1:02 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaUnified Revolution: New Fundamental Physics I couldn't find the old thread.It's "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug on OT..
Last edited by Cuchulainn on February 11th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trackstar

Unified Revolution

February 12th, 2016, 1:22 pm

QuoteOriginally posted by: CuchulainnQuoteOriginally posted by: AnalyticalVegaUnified Revolution: New Fundamental Physics I couldn't find the old thread.It's "Unified Revolution" new book by Espen Haug on OT..I'll add the link:"Unified Revolution" new book by Espen HaugThe thread has all the charm and nuances one would expect from the OT. Some good expository content by the author and a few constructive collaborators too. **To answer your other questions, I do think it is worthwhile and that (in general) people often make far too much over the price of books on this forum. People probably spend more on lattes in a single month than the cost of some books that are discussed here.If you have an adventurous mind and like alternative viewpoints, this lays out the case in detail. Time will tell, but it certainly was interesting news yesterday about gravitational waves. More to learn about life, the universe, and everything...
Last edited by trackstar on February 11th, 2016, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnalyticalVega
Topic Author

Unified Revolution

February 13th, 2016, 11:55 pm

Thank you collector, cuch, and trackstar.

Collector

Re: Unified Revolution

September 6th, 2016, 9:33 am

I am testing out the new giveaway function in amazon. Sorry THIS IS NOW CLOSED, someone won and walked away with the free HEAVY Lunch! (2.8kg I think)

New Fundamental Physics Giveaway

Giveaway seems to only be able to set up for US residence.  And there is only 1% chance of winning, losers lose time, and time is money! There is no free Lunch!