SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 55240
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: RIP

April 24th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Image
 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 573
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: RIP

April 28th, 2018, 11:38 pm

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 55240
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: RIP

April 30th, 2018, 7:13 pm

ISayMoo wrote:

update: the spider was killed by a WASP.
https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0 ... australia/
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 55240
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: RIP

April 30th, 2018, 7:37 pm

the original Number 16

Image
 
User avatar
ISayMoo
Posts: 573
Joined: September 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Re: RIP

April 30th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
ISayMoo wrote:

update: the spider was killed by a WASP.
https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0 ... australia/


Damn Protestants!
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 55240
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: RIP

May 9th, 2018, 11:46 am

British humour
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 66634
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: RIP

May 9th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
British humour



indeed, RIP british humour
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 66634
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: RIP

May 14th, 2018, 4:54 pm

 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 66634
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: RIP

May 15th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Tom Wolfe
Tom Wolfe, an innovative journalist and novelist whose technicolor, wildly punctuated prose brought to life the worlds of California surfers, car customizers, astronauts and Manhattan’s moneyed status-seekers in works like “The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby,” “The Right Stuff” and “Bonfire of the Vanities,” died on Monday in a Manhattan hospital. He was 88.
 
User avatar
rmax
Posts: 5884
Joined: December 8th, 2005, 9:31 am

Re: RIP

May 16th, 2018, 8:21 am

ppauper wrote:
Tom Wolfe
Tom Wolfe, an innovative journalist and novelist whose technicolor, wildly punctuated prose brought to life the worlds of California surfers, car customizers, astronauts and Manhattan’s moneyed status-seekers in works like “The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby,” “The Right Stuff” and “Bonfire of the Vanities,” died on Monday in a Manhattan hospital. He was 88.


RIP. I read a couple of his books. The Right Stuff is excellent.
 
User avatar
Collector
Posts: 3507
Joined: August 21st, 2001, 12:37 pm

Re: RIP

May 16th, 2018, 2:56 pm

rmax wrote:
ppauper wrote:
Tom Wolfe
Tom Wolfe, an innovative journalist and novelist whose technicolor, wildly punctuated prose brought to life the worlds of California surfers, car customizers, astronauts and Manhattan’s moneyed status-seekers in works like “The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby,” “The Right Stuff” and “Bonfire of the Vanities,” died on Monday in a Manhattan hospital. He was 88.


RIP. I read a couple of his books. The Right Stuff is excellent.

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...