Serving the Quantitative Finance Community

katastrofa

Re: Stupid question of the day

May 30th, 2022, 8:59 pm

Aren't Synods breathing some life into the old book? The views on ensoulment are still changing, I think. Or acknowledging Big Bang and theory of evolution - since after the Holy Inquisition, it's the Church which has to catch up, not Science that has to adjust.

It's probably no discovery to the forum erudites, but I'm reading Hildegard von Bingen's Physica and, among various herbs and potions she describes, there are some intended to stimulate menstrual bleeding. (Still much more intriguing are the words this canonised self-proclaimed virgin managed to find to describe of a female orgasm.)

katastrofa

May 31st, 2022, 10:11 am

Does anyone have experience with owning shares of a foreign (Norwegian in my case) company via a UK company? I already found out I won't be double taxed on dividends paid out to myself personally, but I wonder if my company will be taxed on capital gains by HMRC via UK corporate income tax.

Paul

June 4th, 2022, 1:44 am

Has anyone ever trained mynah birds en masse to repeat advertising slogans?

tagoma

June 21st, 2022, 4:22 pm

Has been proven that minimum value of cryptos is 0?

Cuchulainn

June 21st, 2022, 9:11 pm

Don't mention BREXIT?

Norn Iron and London seem to be doing OK.
planetoid 17300 == 2002 AV_63

bearish

June 22nd, 2022, 1:07 am

No. I even remember the days when we thought that zero was a floor for oil futures prices. But then reality hit. Given the sheer insanity and destructive capabilities of crypto, I see no reason to believe in the existence of a minimum value.

Collector

June 22nd, 2022, 4:55 pm

No. I even remember the days when we thought that zero was a floor for oil futures prices. But then reality hit. Given the sheer insanity and destructive capabilities of crypto, I see no reason to believe in the existence of a minimum value.
It takes energy to keep bitcoins alive, unlike real money (not FED money). So bitcoin could go negative, it will be like paying for a storage box where u store something useless. 

Bitcoins similar to ideas of black-holes. Growing star that run out of new fuel (suckers), then implode, you paid the finger to get in, then it sucks in your arm...may be someone can calculate the entropy of it and if it will be any Hawking radiation leaking out? 

but no one knows the future, except.... so it is just the black-hole-bitcoin model.

What is the main difference between the future of bitcoins and a black hole, the last one is centralised!

Collector

June 22nd, 2022, 5:14 pm

there was this head of a massive bitcoin fund other day on TV, one of his "best" arguments for not selling and retuning money to investors was then they would have nothing more under management, and they would have to close, and therefore he was very bullish on BTC, awesome investment, there was nothing else like it (except black holes?).

To technical analysts traders (like Bearish?): RSI supposedly tells oversold!!

Collector

June 22nd, 2022, 5:50 pm

"I see no reason to believe in the existence of a minimum value." talking market down for then to buy with both hands, Huhh typically Wall Street quant