September 30th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Summer of 1993 

Lemon - U2

Bono in his *best* falsetto.

You know you will love it.  : D

Cuchulainn

Re: Political Correctness is Dead! Time to say what you really think

September 30th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Summer in Dublin 1980 .. a mega hit in Dublin.

Liam R was my next-door neighbour and very musical, but he did not have a piano to practice on, so he used our grand piano. A hole was made in the wall between the two houses so that he could move freely (no kidding). Must say he was a bit full of himself.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOsW1MXDZg
Last edited by Cuchulainn on September 30th, 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Topic Author

September 30th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Where did it all go so wrong for you, Cuch? 

Paul
Topic Author

September 30th, 2019, 9:20 pm

I mean you've known everybody, your family goes back generations, with links to everyone from Jesus to IRA terrorists, via miscellaneous, saints, sinners, thugs and guitarists. And yet you are sitting under a red light in Amsterdam trying to sell your body to passing stag-nighters and sailors. How did this happen? 

Cuchulainn

September 30th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Big in USA, equal that!

FaridMoussaoui

October 1st, 2019, 7:56 am

Why (some) poeple still don't realise that NI is a remnant of british colonialism?

katastrofa

October 1st, 2019, 11:18 am

Would realising it any help?

Paul
Topic Author

October 6th, 2019, 12:39 am

I want to make a statement: Anyone can feel free to insult me. It can be about me, my personality, my behaviour, my habits, my race, age, gender, sexuality, my ableness. My mild scouse accent. Anything. Fill your boots. I won't take offence. (Don't make stuff up though, unless it's really juicy.)

Now, if another 6,999,999,999 people could just make a similar statement I think we'll have cracked this thing.
Similar from the great Claire Fox (who once invited me to speak at her Battle of Ideas event, although I never found out why):
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/a ... brexiteers

katastrofa

October 6th, 2019, 3:30 am

Is she also White middle-class British?

Paul
Topic Author

October 6th, 2019, 4:48 am

I don't know. I don't usually think about other people.

katastrofa

October 6th, 2019, 5:59 am

Yikes! (I just googled her.) Is she actually a woman?
She wrote a book "In the praise of elitism" - it's as if I wrote "In the praise of Aryan race". Irish Catholic - she indeed bears resemblance to Cuchulainn. She was a mental health social worker?! That's double crazy!

Seriously, I think you and her are two types of people who aren't afraid to make such a statement: while not much can be found on you, everything about her is too obvious.

Paul
Topic Author

October 6th, 2019, 7:31 am

All I know from hearing her speak is that she is a very free thinker! And is or was some form of commie. She is v comfortable with people having different views from her so she can’t be a proper commie. I’m easy to pigeonhole, and there’ll be many in that same pigeonhole with me. But she needs a pigeonhole all to herself!

Cuchulainn

October 6th, 2019, 10:43 am

She wrote a book "In the praise of elitism" - it's as if I wrote "In the praise of Aryan race". Irish Catholic - she indeed bears resemblance to Cuchulainn. She was a mental health social worker?! That's double crazy!

Seriously, I think you and her are two types of people who aren't afraid to make such a statement: while not much can be found on you, everything about her is too obvious. 
Indeed, I have cold contempt for bigots. Irish Catholic schools are revolutionary hotbeds. Church of Ireland  suited me better, which is closer in spirit to Neo Celtic Constructors and Destructors. Unfortunately, the Synod of Whitby put an end to that carry on.
Last edited by Cuchulainn on October 6th, 2019, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cuchulainn

October 6th, 2019, 10:59 am

Is she also White middle-class British?
Let the sun shine in
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kt-FCEiybw

No hope for yous all in the short to medium term .. polemics has become the goal.

katastrofa

October 6th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Indeed, I have cold contempt for bigots. Irish Catholic schools are revolutionary hotbeds. Church of Ireland  suited me better, which is closer in spirit to Neo Celtic Constructors and Destructors. Unfortunately, the Synod of Whitby put an end to that carry on.
Similar here. The christianisation of Kyivan Rus/Ukraine left the old beliefs and rites practically untouched - otherwise it wouldn't be achieved (or at least not so peacefully). I can't opened my mouth about the teaching of Catholic Church, because ISayMoo would shout at me that I'm pagan >:-D~