SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 51410
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 20th, 2017, 4:12 pm

ppauper wrote:
trump and merkel shook hands when merkel arrived
what's the convention, handshake on arrival and departure plus an additional handshake to seal any deals made? That's enough without random additional shakes thrown in
If  you recall, trump has described himself as a a germaphobe

His grandfather was German.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.
 
User avatar
Gamal
Posts: 1715
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 8:41 am

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 22nd, 2017, 2:22 pm

 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 22nd, 2017, 5:45 pm

Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

shades of  LBJ using the FBI and CIA to spy on the Goldwater campaign
 
AH_
Posts: 21
Joined: July 18th, 2016, 9:23 am

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 22nd, 2017, 6:52 pm

ppauper wrote:
Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

shades of  LBJ using the FBI and CIA to spy on the Goldwater campaign

On reading beyond the headline:
Nunes described the surveillance as most likely being “incidental collection.” This can occur when a person inside the United States communicates with a foreign target of U.S. surveillance. In such cases, the identities of U.S. citizens are supposed to be kept secret — but can be “unmasked” by intelligence officials under certain circumstances.

He also said he did not know yet whether the Trump transition team members who were unmasked were communicating from Trump Tower.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 22nd, 2017, 8:41 pm

AH_ wrote:
ppauper wrote:
Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

shades of  LBJ using the FBI and CIA to spy on the Goldwater campaign

On reading beyond the headline:
Nunes described the surveillance as most likely being “incidental collection.” This can occur when a person inside the United States communicates with a foreign target of U.S. surveillance. In such cases, the identities of U.S. citizens are supposed to be kept secret — but can be “unmasked” by intelligence officials under certain circumstances.

He also said he did not know yet whether the Trump transition team members who were unmasked were communicating from Trump Tower.

and reading further still,
Nunes said the monitoring appeared to be done legally as a result of what's called "incidental collection," but said he was concerned because it was not related to the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s meddling in the election and was widely disseminated across the intelligence community.
(snip)
Nunes said his new information appears to show that additional members of the Trump transition team — beyond former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — were unmasked. This means they were identified in U.S. intelligence reports.
He said the information that he had seen and was disseminated across the intelligence community appeared to him to have "little or no apparent intelligence value."
(snip)
Spicer said he was concerned about Trump transition team members being unmasked.
“An American citizen who's caught up in a surveillance has, by rule of law, has their name protected,” he told reporters. “The idea that individuals' names were unmasked and let known suggests — raises serious questions. Why was that name unmasked, what was the intention of doing that?”

and note "possibly including Trump himself"
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 22nd, 2017, 8:45 pm

Nunes: FBI Is Not Cooperating with Our Investigation into Trump Camp Surveillance

Nunes also reported that as of now, he "cannot rule out" President Obama ordering the surveillance.
And contrary to earlier media reports, Nunes clarified that the surveillance was not related to the FBI's investigation into possible collusion with Russia. This surveillance, he emphasized to reporters, does not "have anything to do with Russia."
 
AH_
Posts: 21
Joined: July 18th, 2016, 9:23 am

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 23rd, 2017, 11:37 am

ppauper wrote:
AH_ wrote:
ppauper wrote:

On reading beyond the headline:
Nunes described the surveillance as most likely being “incidental collection.” This can occur when a person inside the United States communicates with a foreign target of U.S. surveillance. In such cases, the identities of U.S. citizens are supposed to be kept secret — but can be “unmasked” by intelligence officials under certain circumstances.

He also said he did not know yet whether the Trump transition team members who were unmasked were communicating from Trump Tower.

and reading further still,
Nunes said the monitoring appeared to be done legally as a result of what's called "incidental collection," but said he was concerned because it was not related to the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s meddling in the election and was widely disseminated across the intelligence community.
(snip)
Nunes said his new information appears to show that additional members of the Trump transition team — beyond former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — were unmasked. This means they were identified in U.S. intelligence reports.
He said the information that he had seen and was disseminated across the intelligence community appeared to him to have "little or no apparent intelligence value."
(snip)
Spicer said he was concerned about Trump transition team members being unmasked.
“An American citizen who's caught up in a surveillance has, by rule of law, has their name protected,” he told reporters. “The idea that individuals' names were unmasked and let known suggests — raises serious questions. Why was that name unmasked, what was the intention of doing that?”

and note "possibly including Trump himself"

Yes, and it takes an impressive leap of 'logic' to translate this into what Trump is saying.
 
User avatar
AnalyticalVega
Posts: 2260
Joined: January 16th, 2013, 5:03 am

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 24th, 2017, 2:47 am

It's final: David Friedman confirmed as Ambassador to Israel
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/227204

Now we can get some real work done!
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 24th, 2017, 11:49 pm

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 51410
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 26th, 2017, 4:09 pm

“We’re going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future,” the House speaker, Paul D. Ryan, conceded.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 26th, 2017, 6:17 pm

trump made a mistake in going along with paul ryan's obamacare 2.0
the conservative base managed to beat it back
I trust rand paul on this a lot more than I trust paul ryan.
ryan is not on trump's side
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 51410
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 26th, 2017, 6:27 pm

ppauper wrote:
trump made a mistake in going along with paul ryan's obamacare 2.0
the conservative base managed to beat it back
I trust rand paul on this a lot more than I trust paul ryan.
ryan is not on trump's side

Trump is on the side of big business. He is not interested in Virginia miners with coal dust in their lungs.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 63059
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 26th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
ppauper wrote:
trump made a mistake in going along with paul ryan's obamacare 2.0
the conservative base managed to beat it back
I trust rand paul on this a lot more than I trust paul ryan.
ryan is not on trump's side

Trump is on the side of big business. He is not interested in Virginia miners with coal dust in their lungs.

big business wants to globalism, they want to ship jobs overseas and have open borders, all of which screws over trump's blue collar workers
trump's priority should be to get america working again, by bringing jobs back and deporting the illegals, and that is precisely what trump has been doing
healthcare funding is much less of an issue if the jobs come back and people have insurance through their employer
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Topic Author
Posts: 51410
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump - the first 100 days

March 26th, 2017, 8:15 pm

healthcare funding is much less of an issue if the jobs come back and people have insurance through their employer

Talk is cheap. The miners' jobs are not coming back. Besides they need healthcare now.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...