ppauper

Re: New Terminology for a Real New Order

February 6th, 2017, 2:25 pm

trackstar
Topic Author

February 7th, 2017, 12:45 am

Silicon Valley and Seattle are on the move:

Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and about 100 other tech companies call travel ban ‘unlawful’ in rare coordinated legal action - Washington Post Feb 6

"On Sunday night, technology giants Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Twitter, Uber and many others filed a legal brief opposing the administration’s contentious entry ban, according to people familiar with the matter. The move represents a rare coordinated action across a broad swath of the industry — about a hundred companies in total— and demonstrates the depth of animosity toward the Trump ban.

The amicus brief was filed with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, which is expected to rule within a few days on an appeal by the administration after a federal judge in Seattle issued late Friday a temporary restraining order putting the entry ban on hold. The brief comes at the end of a week of nationwide protests against the plan — as well as a flurry of activity in Silicon Valley, a region that sees immigration as central to its identity as an innovation hub.

Companies backing the filing also include Lyft, Pinterest, Yelp, Square, Reddit, Kickstarter, Github, Glassdoor, Box, Mozilla, Dropbox, Twilio, Zynga, Medium, Pinterest, and Salesforce, according to the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the filing was still being finalized Sunday.

[Read the amicus brief

On Monday, Elon Musk's Tesla and Space X also joined the legal brief. However, Amazon appears to have stayed out. Amazon's founder, Jeffrey P. Bezos, who also owns The Washington Post, recently said that he supported the lawsuit filed by the Washington state's attorney general against the executive order on immigration and refugees.
An Amazon spokesperson said Monday that the state's attorney general preferred that the company not join the amicus since they are a witness in the original lawsuit."

More on the links.

ppauper

February 7th, 2017, 10:35 pm

“I called my assistant and said, ‘I think what we really should do is request a meeting and go back to New York.' And then we just smash his face into the table.
“And then I think, ‘We can’t do that, either'. I think I have to be above all that and put him on the spot. Don’t get into a stinking contest with a skunk.”

ISayMoo

February 8th, 2017, 12:31 am

The technological - intelligence complex is losing its grip on the government.