SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

November 5th, 2017, 8:30 am

Liberal Columnists Attack Sarah Huckabee For Her Weight, Southern Accent
I think Sarah Huckabee is very good at her job
She is of course the daughter of Governor Huckabee, who was my pick in the 2008 primary and who was the only one of the final 3 I liked (the other 2 were McCain and Romney and we saw their true colors during the 2016 campaign)

all I can say to the liberal columnists is, hypocrisy much. And as to southern accents, the ragin' cajun (james carville) springs to mind, as does hillary affecting a southern accent in southern states during the 2016 campaign. Some of the conservative blogs had hillarious (no pun intended) compilations of campaign speeches where you could hear the accent change as she went from northern to southern states

ppauper

November 5th, 2017, 9:48 am

I missed this during the primaries
trump was sounded out in 1992 by lee atwater as a replacement for dan quayle as bush 1's running mate

there  was talk during that time of replacing quayle, but james baker is the name I remember most prominently, and it went as far as baker changing the state of his residency from texas to I think wyoming? (if anyone remembers, they can correct the details) because there's a rule that the president and vice president can't come from the same state, and bush 1's "home" was a (houston?) hotel room (that I remember from an attack ad against him). Nothing came of replacing quayle because the consensus was that dan quayle (an actual conservative) wasn't the problem. Bush was the problem. People were driving around with bumper stickers saying, "Don't blame me, I thought I was voting republican" because when america elected bush 1 in 1988, we thought we were getting 4 more years of reaganism and instead we got globalism, mid-east wars, nafta, and rockefeller  republicanism. President Reagan brought manufacturing jobs back to the rustbelt, then poppy, slick willy, w, and barack hussein obama shipped those jobs to places like mexico and china. Rush Limbaugh used to say that historians would talk of the Reagan era and the Bush-Clinton era. He's right, except it's now the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama era.

Where am I going?
White House attacks legacies of both Bush presidents after reports that they refused to vote for Trump

As he watched Trump's campaign, the younger Bush feared he — Bush — would “be the last Republican president,” said the author, who founded the National Medal of Honor Museum this year, after several years as director of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library and Museum.
“And it wasn't just about Hillary Clinton becoming president,” he said. “It was because Donald Trump represented everything that the Bushes abhorred.”

I remember Bush 2 saying that he thought he would “be the last Republican president” long before Trump announced his candidacy. I thought when he originally said it, it was because of the changing demographics, for which incidentally both bushes along with clinton and obama are largely responsible for failing to defend the southern border.

ppauper

November 5th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Hillary’s Campaign Accuses Donna Brazile Of Spreading ‘False Russian-Fueled Propaganda’

former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chair Donna Brazile charged in her book "Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns that Put Donald Trump in the White House" that the Clinton campaign essentially rigged the 2016 primaries

Former DNC head Donna Brazile says she considered replacing Clinton with Biden as nominee
because of hillary's health, when she was collapsing and having to be carried up stairs etc

what's got everyone talking is what she said about seth rich, the murdered DNC staffer. The official line is that he was killed in a botched robbery in which nothing was taken. Many people think he was the wikileaks source for the DNC emails and was whacked for that.
Brazile writes that she was haunted by the still-unsolved murder of DNC data staffer Seth Rich and feared for her own life, shutting the blinds to her office window so snipers could not see her and installing surveillance cameras at her home.

lol, all of twitter is asking what donna brazile knows about the death of seth rich
#DonnaKnows

ISayMoo

November 12th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Cuchulainn

November 14th, 2017, 12:13 pm

http://www.datasimfinancial.com

"Science is what you know, Philosophy is what you don't know" Bertrand Russell.

ppauper

November 14th, 2017, 12:41 pm

that's a great song they're singing
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up
Next to you and defend her still today
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

it's refreshing to find young people who are proud of the US and proud of the president

Cuchulainn

November 14th, 2017, 2:54 pm

ppauper wrote:
that's a great song they're singing
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up
Next to you and defend her still today
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA

it's refreshing to find young people who are proud of the US and proud of the president

Not sure if they are proud of the fossils at the table.

Cuchulainn

November 14th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Jerry "Put them in the Ground" 
Was Wounded Knee not enough?

ppauper

November 15th, 2017, 7:01 am

ppauper

November 17th, 2017, 10:44 am

ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...