SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 9:04 am

ppauper wrote:

They would, wouldn't they?

The Czech Republic is one of Israel's strongest allies. Its predecessor state, Czechoslovakia, was one of 33 countries to vote in favour of the 1947 UN Partition Plan recommending the establishment of a Jewish state, and was among the first countries to recognize the State of Israel. Czechoslovakia also supported the beleagured new Israeli state with critically needed arms. Relations were cut off during most of the years of Communist rule, but were re-established after Czechoslovakia's split into two countries.

No nation has friends only interests. 
Charles de Gaulle
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64814
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 9:39 am

the UN vote in 1947 was 33-13, and 10 of the 13 who voted nay are muslim countries
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 10:31 am

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.


Image
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 10:47 am

What the Dutch are saying

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... alem-move/


The two-state solution remains the Dutch objective,’ Zijlstra said, adding that the UN Security Council resolution is clear: ‘ The annexation of east-Jerusalem is illegal,’ the Dutch minister said.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 10:50 am

somor wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
I suppose it will warm the cockles of Evangelical hearts. e.g. VP Pence.

Dispensationalism at work 

Kees van der Staaij, leader of the fundamentalist Protestant SGP said on Twitter: ‘Jerusalem is special to everyone but as the city of king David, it is without doubt the capital of the Jews… the Dutch embassy should also be in Jerusalem.’

Ireland and our EU partners remain fully committed to a two state solution which will see Jerusalem accepted by all as the capital of two states. Until then, our own Embassy will not be moving.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
ppauper
Posts: 64814
Joined: November 15th, 2001, 1:29 pm

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 5:01 pm

another bill in congress
House passes Taylor Force Act targeting Palestinian funding for killers of Israelis

it seems to have been done by voice vote so there's no list of who voted for and against
 
User avatar
somor
Posts: 527
Joined: July 14th, 2002, 3:00 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 5:42 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
somor wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
I suppose it will warm the cockles of Evangelical hearts. e.g. VP Pence.

Dispensationalism at work 

Kees van der Staaij, leader of the fundamentalist Protestant SGP said on Twitter: ‘Jerusalem is special to everyone but as the city of king David, it is without doubt the capital of the Jews… the Dutch embassy should also be in Jerusalem.’

Ireland and our EU partners remain fully committed to a two state solution which will see Jerusalem accepted by all as the capital of two states. Until then, our own Embassy will not be moving.

Much ado about nothing
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 5:56 pm

somor wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
somor wrote:
Dispensationalism at work 

Kees van der Staaij, leader of the fundamentalist Protestant SGP said on Twitter: ‘Jerusalem is special to everyone but as the city of king David, it is without doubt the capital of the Jews… the Dutch embassy should also be in Jerusalem.’

Ireland and our EU partners remain fully committed to a two state solution which will see Jerusalem accepted by all as the capital of two states. Until then, our own Embassy will not be moving.

Much ado about nothing

Fair enough. if you don't care, why should any else care?
So, it is annexation of East Jerusalem?
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
somor
Posts: 527
Joined: July 14th, 2002, 3:00 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 6:52 pm

The terms "east" and "west" don't mean much as it was 50 years ago. 
Leave the Holy Basin out of the political equation and all is left is to draw new municipal borders. The Palestinians can have the Muslim majority boroughs anytime (to which over 90% of Israelis agree), apply their own jurisdictions and state's law and name it "Jerusalem"...who cares ?  
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 6:59 pm

somor wrote:
The terms "east" and "west" don't mean much as it was 50 years ago. 
Leave the Holy Basin out of the political equation and all is left is to draw new municipal borders. The Palestinians can have the Muslim majority boroughs anytime (to which over 90% of Israelis agree), apply their own jurisdictions and state's law and name it "Jerusalem"...who cares ?  

The Palestinians seem to care. Maybe a change of PR is needed. You guys have a lot to learn, 
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
somor
Posts: 527
Joined: July 14th, 2002, 3:00 am

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 7th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
somor wrote:
The terms "east" and "west" don't mean much as it was 50 years ago. 
Leave the Holy Basin out of the political equation and all is left is to draw new municipal borders. The Palestinians can have the Muslim majority boroughs anytime (to which over 90% of Israelis agree), apply their own jurisdictions and state's law and name it "Jerusalem"...who cares ?  

The Palestinians seem to care. Maybe a change of PR is needed. You guys have a lot to learn, 

Always happy to learn, and certainly would be grateful if you could enlighten me.

The Palestinians in Jerusalem indeed care but not for the reason you may think.
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 8th, 2017, 10:07 am

somor wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:
somor wrote:
The terms "east" and "west" don't mean much as it was 50 years ago. 
Leave the Holy Basin out of the political equation and all is left is to draw new municipal borders. The Palestinians can have the Muslim majority boroughs anytime (to which over 90% of Israelis agree), apply their own jurisdictions and state's law and name it "Jerusalem"...who cares ?  

The Palestinians seem to care. Maybe a change of PR is needed. You guys have a lot to learn, 

Always happy to learn, and certainly would be grateful if you could enlighten me.

The Palestinians in Jerusalem indeed care but not for the reason you may think.

I am not the only one who doesn't understand.
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
katastrofa
Posts: 4965
Joined: August 16th, 2007, 5:36 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 8th, 2017, 11:16 am

Not guilty.

Dear President Kim Jong-Un...
 
User avatar
Cuchulainn
Posts: 53314
Joined: July 16th, 2004, 7:38 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 8th, 2017, 2:26 pm

katastrofa wrote:
Not guilty.

Dear President Kim Jong-Un...

Were you in that photo?
http://www.datasimfinancial.com

“Sir Walter Scott created rank & caste in the South and also reverence for and pride and pleasure in them"

Mark Twain
 
User avatar
katastrofa
Posts: 4965
Joined: August 16th, 2007, 5:36 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

December 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
katastrofa wrote:
Not guilty.

Dear President Kim Jong-Un...

Were you in that photo?


No, I didn't pass the casting (too tall).
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...


JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...