SERVING THE QUANTITATIVE FINANCE COMMUNITY

ppauper

Re: Trump -- the last 100 days

May 16th, 2018, 9:48 pm

the most likely outcome seems to be that the House won't vote on the measure within the necessary timeframe. I thought it was covered by the usual rule under the Congressional Review Act (passed by speaker Gingrich as part of the Contract With America)
Congress has a window of time lasting 60 legislative days (i.e., days that Congress is actually in session, rather than simple calendar days) to disapprove of any given rule by simple majority vote; otherwise, the rule will go into effect at the end of this period.

but your article references the end of the current Congress (January 2019) as the cut-off, when all legislation passed by one chamber but not the other dies

ppauper

May 19th, 2018, 6:33 am

President Donald Trump donated his first quarter 2018 salary to the Department of Veterans Affairs for their caregiver programs – including support for mental health and peer support – continuing in his tradition of donating his salary each quarter.
(snip)
Trump’s previous salary checks have gone to the Department of the Interior, Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and Department of Transportation, in that order.
DOI Secretary Ryan Zinke designated the funds to be used in upkeep on national battlefields. DOE Secretary Betsy DeVos marked funds for a STEM-focused camp. Acting HHS Secretary at the time, Eric Hargan said funds would be used to fight the opioid epidemic. DOT Secretary Elaine Chow designated funds to be used for the department’s Infrastructure For Rebuilding America (INFRA) Grant Programs.

tagoma

May 19th, 2018, 12:25 pm

ppauper wrote:
President Donald Trump donated his first quarter 2018 salary to the Department of Veterans Affairs for their caregiver programs – including support for mental health and peer support – continuing in his tradition of donating his salary each quarter.
(snip)
Trump’s previous salary checks have gone to the Department of the Interior, Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and Department of Transportation, in that order.
DOI Secretary Ryan Zinke designated the funds to be used in upkeep on national battlefields. DOE Secretary Betsy DeVos marked funds for a STEM-focused camp. Acting HHS Secretary at the time, Eric Hargan said funds would be used to fight the opioid epidemic. DOT Secretary Elaine Chow designated funds to be used for the department’s Infrastructure For Rebuilding America (INFRA) Grant Programs.

What would a billionaire do with disgusting pennies from the masses?  Give it back to the poors!
Last edited by tagoma on May 19th, 2018, 12:36 pm

tagoma

May 19th, 2018, 12:36 pm

beautiful clean coal

if you were not yet convinced the guy is of bad faith, stupid, and/or a demagogue 

Cuchulainn

May 19th, 2018, 5:26 pm

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

ppauper

May 19th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:
 If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.

that is a very ironic quote, because versions of it have been attributed to Lenin, Mao, Hitler, and Goebbels, none of who actually said it
It seems that the lie (that Lenin/Mao/Hitler/Goebbels/... said it) has been repeated often enough  for people to believe it.

ISayMoo

May 19th, 2018, 7:18 pm

ppauper wrote:
(snip)

With all the emoluments from foreign powers, who needs salary?

bearish

May 19th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I am sure Melanie approves

Cuchulainn

May 20th, 2018, 7:47 am

ppauper wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:

that is a very ironic quote, because versions of it have been attributed to Lenin, Mao, Hitler, and Goebbels, none of who actually said it
It seems that the lie (that Lenin/Mao/Hitler/Goebbels/... said it) has been repeated often enough  for people to believe it.

If the cap fits, wear it. Anyone who says coal is clean is a liar.

Paul

May 20th, 2018, 7:52 am

ppauper wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:

I SAID IT FIRST!

ppauper

May 20th, 2018, 7:53 am

Cuchulainn wrote:
ppauper wrote:
Cuchulainn wrote:

If the cap fits, wear it.

Cuchulainn

May 20th, 2018, 8:47 am

tagoma

May 20th, 2018, 8:58 am

Odebrecht is not in Indonesia, I think. I mean there is some room for Trump's Stormy Construction & Real Estate.

Paul

May 20th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Cuchulainn wrote:

I saw Alec B in the street in NYC a few weeks ago. Much shorter than I expected, he wasn’t wearing any socks and looked quite ill.

trackstar

May 20th, 2018, 5:48 pm

I suppose you have seen the news that Sergei Skripal is out of the hospital...

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... c-nerve-ag
I do not seek; I find.
- Pablo Picasso
ABOUT WILMOTT

PW by JB

Wilmott.com has been "Serving the Quantitative Finance Community" since 2001. Continued...

JOBS BOARD

JOBS BOARD

Looking for a quant job, risk, algo trading,...? Browse jobs here...